Why can't europeans buy RP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deminshera

06-02-2010

Malzahar bundle is out, morgana skin sale is out and a big amount of Europeans are blocked in the store, as we are for some stupid reason not permitted to that action. This bug/problem has existed for quite a while already without any fix or attention, maybe my chances are bigger here.I hope this is not some stupid buisness plan by Riot to leech off money from us as we have to buy stuff raw, without bundles or sales.

Skjald

06-02-2010

I'm from Europe, and have never had any problems buying IP, with neither credit card nor Paypal. I'm not sure why you're having trouble, unless specific countries are blocked? I'm in Denmark.

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-02-2010

AFAIK some counties from the Balkans are blocked.
Not sure why.

Deminshera

06-02-2010

@Skjald: all baltic countries are BLOCKED from buying RP, for about 2 or 3 weeks already. Now they release bundles and we are harassed because we can't buy anything.

Skjald

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticEyes View Post
@Skjald: all baltic countries are BLOCKED from buying RP, for about 2 or 3 weeks already. Now they release bundles and we are harassed because we can't buy anything.
Ahh, I see. That sucks

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticEyes View Post
Uh, ok, so it' the "other Bal" countries.. :d
Perhaps some new publishing deal coming in? (which geographically would probably be with.... tjadaaaaaa, your best friend Russia)
Or some legal trouble in these countries preventing Riot from operating store for these IPs?

Skjald

06-02-2010

It may simply be that Riot does not accept the business of people in certain countries because of a history of fraudulent activity involving those countries. It is not at all unusual to see country-specific limitations on stuff in Europe. I once rented a car for a week, where I had to sign a document stating that I was not allowed to drive it into Eastern Europe.

Queue Dodge Hero

06-02-2010

Europeans don't matter

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjald View Post
It may simply be that Riot does not accept the business of people in certain countries because of a history of fraudulent activity involving those countries. It is not at all unusual to see country-specific limitations on stuff in Europe. I once rented a car for a week, where I had to sign a document stating that I was not allowed to drive it into Eastern Europe.
I understand that, but since this is e-business where you only get your stuff once the transaction has been made I'm not sure what fraudulent activity you could see there.

Deminshera

06-02-2010

I'd like to see a red post about me not being able to buy RP on the european servers just because I live in Estonia, it's as good as Estonia banning all americans from using Skype, you wouln't like that, right?