Annie Sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHeretic

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
Annie is not as easy as the tutorial says, she needs specific items at the right times or shes not going to do so well. And in fact new people who play her often blow because she is an early hero.

If you do not have 15 player kills before the first enemy is lvl 11 your not playering her right. And for people who complain about Annie sucking, its not the character its the players because she is a bit on the Overpowered side if played right, and if played wrong shes the ultra feeder.
She is straightforward to play. "Playing her right" isn't hard to do and theres no champion in the game that regularly gets 15 kills before level 11, and even if there were it wouldn't be Annie at the top of that list.

Hiclic

09-18-2009

I always found Annie very powerful. She's a great/efficient farmer, she has a reliable stun that can be achieved any time you already have a couple counts on the timer, her spells are lower damage but much more spammable. I find she'll get her items faster than other casters, especially after some gankings--that stunlock is brutal.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

annie is a champion that was the top of the table back in the ole beta days. She is well designed and fun to play, but with the recent changing metagame, and the fact that most champions now come equiped with either a strong aoe stun or slow, her build up to her stun feels a little on the weakside, especially when coupled with her low health. I prefer to stack rod of ages on her, which if you can farm up early enough (not too hard with mana refund on last hits) means she can get quite tank, while not sacrificing too much offensive power. Im keen to try the new rylai's sceptor on her actually, super low cooldown nuke + slow could be fun

seresibyl

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToedPete View Post
annie is a champion that was the top of the table back in the ole beta days. She is well designed and fun to play, but with the recent changing metagame, and the fact that most champions now come equiped with either a strong aoe stun or slow, her build up to her stun feels a little on the weakside, especially when coupled with her low health. I prefer to stack rod of ages on her, which if you can farm up early enough (not too hard with mana refund on last hits) means she can get quite tank, while not sacrificing too much offensive power. Im keen to try the new rylai's sceptor on her actually, super low cooldown nuke + slow could be fun
She's my 2nd favorite hero (she was my first until Katarina came along~), and I think she's decent. Her AoE damage is huge in group fights with Tibbers + Cone and her constant damage, from Tibbers and nuke is huge.

I also agree that Rylai's sounds pretty good for her now. Spammable single target nuke with snare mMmm

Waterd

09-19-2009

I just wanted to say that when I started to play I found the difficulty bars to be cool, I think it would be a good way to measure to guide me what heroes should i learn first.
Imagine my surprise when I picked Annie as a first hero. I watched his passive and inmediatly think "this is storm spirity passive, but even harder!" (since in storm spirit it was attacks instead of spells you only had to remember it for the early game, where good use of your attacks would be to maximize your passive as harrass).
I lost any trust of the difficulty bad after experiencing other heroes with a higher difficulty bar that were a lot easier.
At this point in fact I think annie is in top hardest heroes to play.
I think it would help learners for difficulty bar to be "real".

Lollerman

09-19-2009

^ But then again, high skill cap != difficult to play.

She's not difficult to be "sufficient" by any means; Q is a left-click single target, E is auto-active, the only things that require aiming are her W and her R, both being AoE's, making them easy to land, (as opposed to, say, Flash Frost/Lay Waste/Dark Matter), and missing an ult would still give you Tibbers, so she can't really "waste" her ult (even if she did miss the stun).

Playing her well is another matter.

Akyio

09-19-2009

i only saw annie rocking once or twice i think, it all depends of course if team is loosing or winning.. if winning then she sucks but shes okay, if winning then it means shes high level, has maybe few kills, better items and shes okay, but still sucks.

Jackbnimble

09-19-2009

I think Annie has the following problems,

1: Bad AP scaling, late game especially she really lacks a signicant punch.

2: Even early game tibbers isn't very good. I was playing against an Annie today, she summoned her tibbers shortly after level 6, my lane mate and I killed it in about 10-15 seconds. I think it got a couple hits on each of us. It needs more survivability, maybe signicantly higher armor would be good.

3: the cone size on her incenerate is a little small, I think it could be made a little larger without problems.

4: Her shield should also reflect ranged attacks.

The real problem with Annie is heavily due to how much better several of the other casters are. It's basically, why?!

Uszi

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToedPete View Post
Maybe buff the stun length. Just a dab will do ya.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

09-19-2009

This thread is going to make Wana cry.