Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elcye

09-21-2011

QQing, again...

Well, just so you know, the beta on the EU servers was at 2am, that's worse than you, and that was during your afternoon.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

Australia has bigger things to deal with like dingos eating babies and NZ has bigger things to deal with like orcs and ringwraiths

Fatpm

09-22-2011

I'm from Brisbane and I played Dominion last night, was mad fun.

RivalForever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I'm asian aussie, T_T, that thing goes to me too, I'm in Australia
I didn't know how to access to dominion..... when as well

Caryatid

09-22-2011

I notice reds are studiously avoiding this thread.

Nokturnalex

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
So I guess firstly my question is why do you hate Australia so much? When I heard your Dominion testing times were going to be during off-peak I though "awesome, FINALLY being an Australian LoL player isn't it's usual negative (200+ pings, downtimes during our peak times) as we will get to have a look at Dominion during our peak time! Then I check the forums from work today to see if there's any news on when the Dominion test is and BAM, I find out it has been and gone while I was asleep. The servers usually come down in Aust at 6.30pm during your downtimes yet Dominion was out at 1am AEST? WTF?

So besides the fact that I'm incredibly pissed off, why exactly was your supposed off-peak test run six and a half hours from your usual (off-peak) downtimes??? If this is your most off peak time of the day why do you roll Australia so hard with terrible downtimes?

TL;DR Sucks to be a Australian LoL player QQ.
The USA beta was at 11am-1pm EST
The EU West beta was at 8pm-10pm EST

If you can't play at either of those times you have bad time management, they're almost at 12 hour opposites. I'm lucky as a US east player though I'm close enough to both servers to have good ping on both. (That and a good connection)

All it takes is a little research, time management and know-how in order to play in these betas.

Caryatid

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnalex View Post
All it takes is a little research, time management and know-how in order to play in these betas.
Sorry but some of us have lives and responsibilities to organise around. The beta sessions aren't being advertised long enough ahead of time for us to do anything about it. We simply don't have time to sit in front of the computer all day and night refreshing the forums.

Nokturnalex

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
Sorry but some of us have lives and responsibilities to organise around. The beta sessions aren't being advertised long enough ahead of time for us to do anything about it. We simply don't have time to sit in front of the computer all day and night refreshing the forums.
Whoa no need to try to take cheap shots buddy, just pointing out facts. Not trying to insult you.

To be honest if I wasn't on fall break for college I'd be too busy to participate in at least the US one, but the EU West one happens at peak hours for EST when i'd be both home from class and available. (Unless I took a night class that semester)

As far as them not advertising, that's kinda the reason why they're trying not to turn it on during Peak Hours, gotta do some research and hear some word of mouth in order to know when it's going to happen.

Scibbyy

09-22-2011

noobs stay up later

Homegrown420

09-22-2011

how many times does it have to be stated that what riot decided was OFF PEAK testing prolly takes into consideration what times they are going to have the least amount of people online for their testing?
why do so many people assume this should apply to everyone else but fit their days playtimes just perfect

1234567 ... 8