Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

So I guess firstly my question is why do you hate Australia so much? When I heard your Dominion testing times were going to be during off-peak I though "awesome, FINALLY being an Australian LoL player isn't it's usual negative (200+ pings, downtimes during our peak times) as we will get to have a look at Dominion during our peak time! Then I check the forums from work today to see if there's any news on when the Dominion test is and BAM, I find out it has been and gone while I was asleep. The servers usually come down in Aust at 6.30pm during your downtimes yet Dominion was out at 1am AEST? WTF?

So besides the fact that I'm incredibly pissed off, why exactly was your supposed off-peak test run six and a half hours from your usual (off-peak) downtimes??? If this is your most off peak time of the day why do you roll Australia so hard with terrible downtimes?

TL;DR Sucks to be a Australian LoL player QQ.

Rainzk

09-21-2011

downtime and down peaks = two different things.
Downtime is when sever is down, and the down peak is when the less # of people play mate.

So today it was 11-1 Eastern.

AbominableToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Agreed and bumped, I want answers too, US shouldn't be the only ones to get it

WaNgTaCuLaR

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
If this is your most off peak time of the day why do you roll Australia so hard with terrible downtimes?
If 1am AEST is really your most off peak time of day worldwide why exactly do we get server downtime constantly at 6pm-12am??

A red answer to this would be nice, otherwise we can just go on assuming you hate Australians for no real reason.

gallantgreg

09-21-2011

So it was pretty much school time for USA right?
I would think it would be easier to skip sleep than to skip school if they held it during normal patch times. (which would defeat the purpose of having it during off peak times)
The times seem justified.

I'm fairly happy since I live in Western Australia and it was during 11pm-1am which is my usual LoL time anyways.

jogu

09-21-2011

It's a BETA. And only the FIRST of many (I assume) to come. The vast majority of players won't get to participate in the beta and that's just the way things go. Don't jump the gun, you'll probably get a turn, and if not oh well you'll get to play at launch.

Naucitos

09-21-2011

Jesus christ drama queens, they chose a time when the number of players they wanted to stress test with are on, get over yourselves

WaNgTaCuLaR

09-21-2011

The times they chose for Dominion aren't the problem here. It's the lack of consistency that continually screws over Aussies to the point of making it look like we're being targeted.

Caryatid

09-21-2011

This goes for New Zealanders like me too.
What the heck Riot?
As if you haven't given us enough reasons to be pissed off already.

This is one more great big middle finger for Oceania.

T00 STRONK

09-21-2011

Fortunately i was up at 1am ha, and managed to get three games in before i died from tiredness.

12345 ... 8