Dominion Turrets...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squirelzrme

09-21-2011

People need to slow down and realize that playing Dominion is like playing on a smurf. You win by just overpowering at the moment, not too much strategy.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Some of the feedback is amusing because of how drastically different this is from our experiences over the last several months.
That's the thing; people are making assumptions based on a very short amount of gameplay and without the benefit of being able to research it.

nunudannysveiger

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurimpu View Post
So, they're like the turrets in Summoner's Rift after level 7? Got it.
WAIT A SECOND DONT YOU START AT LEVEL 4 IN DOMINION... HMM NO WONDER THE TURRETS SEEM LIKE THEY DO NO DAMAGE.....

Same turrets.. you just get gear and skills quicker..

Patman Teh Great

09-21-2011

They might not be up to par with SR turrets, but I wouldn't exactly say they're as ignorable as you claim. Playing as amumu I was able to defend it 2v1, taking one out with the turret's help before I got low. Even when the enemy got close and went for the kill, land a stun, wait a sec, ult and they were dead, mostly due to the turret damage.

Varis

09-21-2011

As Akali, I definitely can't just dive people at their towers without Garrison, or someone channeling to kill the shots. At least not from full. They do less damage, sure, but they definitely still matter.
As Riven, anyone who fights me 1-on-1 under a tower is as good as dead. Skarner's in about the same boat.

donkrx

09-21-2011

I dont know........... I just feel like there's not a lot of options in Dominion, to keep it simple. Turrets are a part of that though.

Little Li0n Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

This is just my opinion and flash reaction after playing an early game this morning.

I love the mode. And it was just different than I thought it was going to be.

I assumed, like SR/TT, that the turrets would protect me. Where I could defend a point 1v2 until my team arrived. But with their attack speed so slow and damage negligible, this is clearly not the case.

intended?

angusm

09-21-2011

I think they're just supposed to buff defenders efforts, not defend themselves.
I think they're spot on.

ShapelessFlame

09-21-2011

Ok but when you have champions who can walk up and chase you right onto your spawn pad there needs to be changes. I constantly got killed on the ramp to the spawn pad with the turret hitting them and they walk it off like they just got hit with leaf. Its kinda ridiculous. I even had a nunu stand on the ramp in the turret fire use his ulti, kill 3 of us and walk away like it was nothing. The super turrets arent super anymore at all.

StandAloneX

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
They're meant to defend points with defenders. Try interrupting the channel, and letting the tower help you.

Some of the feedback is amusing because of how drastically different this is from our experiences over the last several months.
I think it was because of this wild scramble to get in and play they didn't really absorb the mechanics and strategy of it.

I was the same way in the 40 minutes I had once I realized it was up and ready to play.

I just got off EU server (which was just running the open Beta) and it was like a completely diffrent experience.

I think after a full day of playing and a better understanding of it people will see how fun it really is.