Dominion Turrets...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dishonest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
Dominion turrets provide you a small advantage if you're under your turret, but they aren't overwhelming. Otherwise, imagine seiging 1v1, especially vs a disable
Agreed, they didn't design it to be like SR or TT

EmptyAy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishonest View Post
Delayed first attack? They never hit you if you go to cap it alone.
I know but they start to target you, I was just saying if they increased the speed to the point that they may get a shot off, a delayed first attack would solve the problem.

No5trum

09-21-2011

i got a triple kill thanks to a turret

donkrx

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Li0n Man View Post
can be completely omitted from the mode at this point.

The attack speed on the new turrets coupled by the lack of damage they do is laughable. I don't know if its because everyone has increased stats or the increased items? or what but they seem really sub par and negligible.

thoughts?
Yeah, I agree.... but its by design.

Weak turrets => less incentive to defend => less passive play (which riot hates) => might as well just fight constantly instead of sitting around at the turret. The problem with this is that there's nothing more to it than whether your champion is stronger than the enemy champion at the turret. Even if you are just slightly stronger you can "dive" and ignore the turret. I saw a Jax with just ninja tabi take only 25% damage from 6 or 7 turret hits.

That would be OK for the beginning but the problem is that Dominion really has no laning phase (theres no way u can sit around farming) and everyone gains XP passively and very quickly at that. That means you can't really get ahead by much (watch dominion videos at the tournaments youll see the biggest xp difference is like 1 or 2 levels) so if you couldnt beat that Jax at level 5 you arent going to beat him at level 12. It's a game of VERY small edges where a difference in skill has less of an impact, and the game is less snowbally. Champion select has a really big impact on the outcome (and right now we have blind pick only which sucks).

This is all summed up when Riot said in one of their ads that there's no feeling of inevitable loss with Dominion.......... this is good, but they had to remove a lot of elements of the game to make that possible. Its action packed which is fun but so much is missing that I'm not really that excited about it.... I like to be able to get that 'edge' against the enemy by playing well earlier in the game.

vampirial

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyAy View Post
I know but they start to target you, I was just saying if they increased the speed to the point that they may get a shot off, a delayed first attack would solve the problem.
you do know that turrets won't attack unless an allied champ is in the rune circle right?

so even though they target you, you can run up to em and sit there and they won't attack till an enemy champ enters the rune circle

Twixiee

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirial View Post
you do know that turrets won't attack unless an allied champ is in the rune circle right?

so even though they target you, you can run up to em and sit there and they won't attack till an enemy champ enters the rune circle
uhm, wrong. lol, they'll attack you as long as you're in range regardless of if thers a nearby ally or not =p

i think they're okay. basically means its easy to defend a point 1v1, but quite challenging when 2v1, any stronger and itd be too easy to defend

Convergence

09-21-2011

Maybe a slight power boost. Emphasis on "slight".

At the moment they're a tiny bit weak but I feel that's the design intent, so that it's not unreasonable to dive, kill an enemy and begin to cap the node. Dominion is based around small 1v1 and 2v2 scuffles, if they deviated away from that and made defense stronger there'd be a lot more passive play and "cap 3 and defend" mentality, which I really would rather avoid.

Litewarior

09-21-2011

Now you know how original Dota players felt like.

Kipster

09-21-2011

They still do enough to lend a hand in a fight. Don't forget that this map isn't designed around big 5v5 fights. Either 1 enemy doesn't fight you and caps, or somebody takes a minor pounding. I got a triple kill with Nidalee thanks to a turret.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-21-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishonest View Post
Delayed first attack? They never hit you if you go to cap it alone.
They're meant to defend points with defenders. Try interrupting the channel, and letting the tower help you.

Some of the feedback is amusing because of how drastically different this is from our experiences over the last several months.