AaL's Dominion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RG Logic

09-21-2011

First off, a disclaimer:

I know it's too early to judge the relative strength of champions on Dominion. All of this will based on my... logic... and personal experience playing dominion. I will be regularly updating this list, as well as providing my reasoning for some champions underneath.

This list will also be divided into three separate lists. This is due to my anticipation of there being three basic roles; Point Sweepers, Fighters and Support. This means, that some champions may be repeated and also that there will be less tiers of champions in each list. I'm also going to include a list of champions that fit no role well. Obviously, this is all subject to change, as the dominion meta changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTS:

Sweepers: Champions that excel at being able to sneak points and survive the retaliation. The Ghosts.

Tier One: Rammus, Kassiden, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, Nidalee.

Tier Two: Shaco, Poppy, Twitch, Evelyn,Gangplank, Zilian.

Tier Three: Master Yi, Blitzcrank, Sivir, Riven.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rammus: Fastest Windmill capture in the game, other builds besides tank builds may be viable on him.

Kassiden: Not only extremely fast with his rift walks, he can also juke oncoming champions over walls. Only problem is, he doesn't get rift walk until level 6, so his windmill capture time is comparatively low to the rest of these.

Teemo: Extremely fast with his movement speed buff. His temporary stealth can have your enemies running in circles. Mushrooms also create escape routes and buy more time to capture a point.

Twisted Fate: Can be anywhere on the map, but also reveals everyone on the opposing team, making a completely safe capture possible. Max CDR would be an amazing option on him.

Pantheon: Can be anywhere on the map, has a stun to escape if need be.

Nidalee: Great map control, great ranged disrupt, great movement after level 6.

Shaco: Not the fastest in terms of movement speed, but is able to safely to capture points due to his stealth and jack in the boxes.

Twitch: Positives: Stealth. Negatives: Stealth detection.

Evelyn: Positives: Stealth. Negatives: Stealth detection.

Gangplank: Speed buff, can build movement speed/critical items which make him both a good cap'er and a good fighter if he gets caught. Has an innate cleanse to escape. Is the master of being merely "good" at a lot of roles.

Zilian: Movement speed spell + Max CDR = good windmill capture time. Frail as **** though, if caught will die extremely fast. Much better support.

Sivir: Able to traditionally push lanes quickly to grab turrets, big group speed buff.

Master Yi: Great ultimate, build compliments movement speed. Can sneak turrets easily once he has his ultimate.

Blitzcrank: Conceptually, it works. But don't use him for this, he's extremely useful for pulling defending champions off of enemy turrets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fighters: Champions that are often going to be in direct combat with the enemy team, they'll be able to successfully kill they enemy and take their capture point.

Tier 1: Lee Sin, Dr. Mundo, Ezreal, Singed, Nocturne, Ashe, Jax, Akali, Tryndamere.

Tier 2: Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Caitlyn, Annie, Poppy, Talon, Leblanc, Master Yi, Kennen, Garen, Pantheon, Irelia, Corki, Warwick, Yorick, Vayne, Tristana, Sion, Renekton, Udyr, Xin Zhao, Riven, Malzahar, Ms. Fortune, Cho Gath.

Tier 3: Rumble, Jarvan IV, Urgot, Twitch, Evelyn, Swain, Vieger, Ryse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Sin: Great level 3 fight capability, best mobility out of all melee dps champions, is able to turret dive like a beast.

Dr. Mundo: HP regen is extremely powerful on dominion, as all resists have been nerfed, and HP % damage items have been reduced in cost. Also it is less likely for people have a large number of ignites, as most people will be taking flash/ghost + a new summoner spell.

Ezreal: Best (Ranged) level 3 ight ability if going AD. The main weakness of AP builds (Poor farming) has completely been nullified, making AP ezreal a force to be reckoned with 5 minutes in.

Singed: Unkillable even on this map. HP regeneration will become a more prevalent part of his builds. With this, he can deny points for an EXTREMELY long amount of time. Can also pull people off their turrets.

Nocturne: Competent fighter, and can easily ult to finish people off, or grab objectives. Also, the paranoia effect can create enough confusion for teammates to ninja capture points.

Ashe: Dat arrow. Seriously, the arrow can serve so many purposes on this map, it's ridiculous. She also counters any melee dps without a gap closer.

Jax: Counters dps, which seems quite popular so far. I've in fact seen very few AP champions on this map. For dominion, both MR and Armor got nerfed. This affects hybrids double. For these reasons jax, right now is amazing.

Akali: Good counter to any squishy champions such as supports. Also can tower-dive quite easily.

Tryndamere: Can clear capture points quite easily, his bad early game is mitigated.

Blitzcrank: Utility dps champion. Anti-defense champion. Doesn't have as much damage overall as other fighters though.

Gangplank: Speaks for himself.

Caitlyn: Great map control for a fighter. Can harass outside of turret range. Has a long ranged disrupt.

Annie: Extremely powerful burst for clearing enemies off of objectives, lacks any map control or mobility.

Leblanc: Good at focusing down a single target. If you have a karthus or a heimerdinger defending a capture point, she or blitzcrank are your options.

Master Yi: Gets his items extremely quickly on dominion. All he really offers is damage, but he provides a ton of it.

Kennen: High harass, high damage, pusher. These three qualities allow him to push enemies off of objectives

Garen: Extremely good early game. Flat damage reduction is extremely good on this map, because of the resistance nerfs. Has a lot of mobility too.

Pantheon: MANTHEON.

Irelia: CC reduction, high sustain, and an instant gap closer. Not quite as good as she is on summoners rift, but diffidently viable.

Corki: High harass, low mobility.

Warwick: High sustain, low damage. Many builds may be much more viable, but I have not yet witnessed it.

Yorrick: High sustain, low damage, low mobility. Yet to see if his minions can convert turrets in the same way other minions do.

Vayne: High damage, just doesn't have enough range to be a top choice.

Tristana: Has high range, but her farming advantage over other ranged dps has been removed. Her animations are still kind of wonky too.

Sion: Stun, sustain, high burst. May actually be an EXTREMELY good fighter, but I don't have enough experience to know.

Renekton: Weird champion on this map. He has a good early game, but his laning advantage that he has early on SR is gone.

Udyr: Good and tanky, prone to being kited.

Xin Zhao: Great lvl 3 fighting ability. Has no innate tankyness though so if you build him dps he gets screwed.

Malzahar: Great counter to jax, or forcing people off of capture points.

Ms. Fortune: Great pusher and high mobility. If gets caught by tanky dps though = dead.

Cho Gath: Farming advantage gone, Ap may be a much more viable build on him. We shall see.

Rumble: No 5 man teamfights, which is where he excelled.

Jarvan IV: Just the least viable of the tanky dps champions right now.

Urgot: Yeaaaaaaah. Does what blitz or singed does, except with his ult.

Twitch/Evelyn: remakremakremakeremakeihateyouriotremake!

Swain: Just lackluster right now.

Vieger: Good counter against AP, everything else hes awful at.

Ryse: Bleh. Never seen him, but he offers nothing to a team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Log:

9/21/11: Thread created, Sweeper Tier List created.
9/21/11: Changed "Cap'er" to "Sweeper".
9/22/11: Added "Fighter" Tier list.
9/22/11: Added Nidalee and Poppy and Riven to "Sweeper Tier List"
9/22/11: Added Poppy, Riven, Talon to "Fighter Tier List"

Guntermench

09-21-2011

Evelynn: Positives: Stealth, SPEED Negatives: Stealth Detection (EASILY COUNTERED WITH SPEED)

That is all.

Yetiss

09-21-2011

Having an ult on a long cooldown that lets them globally teleport doesnt make them good. Pantheon is terrible. Rammus was really good for just capping points over and over, then taunting into your turrets.

RG Logic

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntermench View Post
Evelynn: Positives: Stealth, SPEED Negatives: Stealth Detection (EASILY COUNTERED WITH SPEED)

That is all.
Fair point.

RG Logic

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiss View Post
Having an ult on a long cooldown that lets them globally teleport doesnt make them good. Pantheon is terrible. Rammus was really good for just capping points over and over, then taunting into your turrets.
Capping points over and over is how you win dominion, rammus is best at this. Therefore, he is tier one. Pantheon is terrible? Explain yourself.

EmpReb

09-21-2011

Irelia is capper but a much better defender/roamer/ganker/kiteing/ninja.

SmilinMatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

I saw a ghost rammus go for windmill at start and before cap gets Q'ed by Lee Singa and exploded by my team.

Both Rammus I played against today lost.

Demonic Ritual

09-21-2011

Definitely need a better name for "point cap'er" in my thread I was given the idea for using the term "Sweeper" which I think is pretty good.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1147904

RG Logic

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic Ritual View Post
Definitely need a better name for "point cap'er" in my thread I was given the idea for using the term "Sweeper" which I think is pretty good.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1147904
I'm stealing this.

RG Logic

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinMatt View Post
I saw a ghost rammus go for windmill at start and before cap gets Q'ed by Lee Singa and exploded by my team.

Both Rammus I played against today lost.
Must not of gone through the speed shrine, or had boots of mobility.