Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milkbot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

So make testing windows longer?

Epicname

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

My first game I was playing Katarina and totally dominating the map. I disconnected when the game was at 285 to <50.. My team was winning. I logged back in and the score was 25 to 3... They came back and won.. So scary how a single DC will ruin everything so fast.

My 2nd game I played rammus with the cap item + mobility boots. I raced around the map capping points like a mad man and we won very quickly. 250 to 0.

Jack Oat

09-21-2011

Would it be unreasonable to ask that the Mpen % from the field buff increases to 10%? all im asking

Billy

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey guys,

As expected, there's many balance threads about Dominion after this morning's beta. Discussing your experiences and theory-crafting is always fun to do, and I encourage!

However, I want to set expectations extremely clearly here;

You guys have a very small window of anecdotal evidence to look at. It's not really possible to accurately judge a game's balance on 120 minutes of brand new experiences. As such, while I love the discussion and will probably jump in a bit myself, understand that we're going to let you guys discover things and let the game mature a bit. Other than something egregious that gets discovered, we likely won't be making any changes for Dominion immediately on the balance front. It's just too small of a window to tell.

So, when you see something that seems strong, attempt to counter it. Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are. Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience
I had the opposite feeling as well, that casters would be very good on dominion. Leblanc and kassadin are seeing tons of play, and I'm working on new builds for vlad and morgana for the next beta window

clickbang

09-21-2011

Morello, You guys have done an awesome job on the map.

I was going to get involved in the discussions earlier centered around character balance and the what not but had to run to work =/

One thing I noticed, in relevance to what your saying, and its even something I did my self in a few of the games I played.

I am building how I would of built on Summoners Rift, a lot of people are.... A LOT
While I am a big fan of the, if its not broke do not try to fix it motto, I found my self with my normal builds ill prepared for the map and situations it presented.

Some characters might be a little weak, some might be a little strong. But everyone jumping up and yelling for buffs DO need to give it some time, and DO need to try out alternative builds (which worked for me in the final games I played)

Crosisx2

09-21-2011

Take out boots of mobility for this mode. It's too ridiculous on champs with movespeed bonuses.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
4 of 19 Riot Posts

Bump

Steven Mcburn

09-22-2011

Gp ult is absolutely ridiculous on this map.

As someone who has placed in the "top 3" of every game but 1 i've played;

Mundo is viable on this map. Weird.
Nidalee changes fit this map perfect, good.

Gp ult is over the top. Really slows down the team that's being ulted's pace, which is a huge thing.
Panth ult is underpowered, 3 people can almost cap the entire thing before he drops.
Dots are way strong, teemo can stop a team himself just by shooting them all once and for however long his psn lasts they can't take it. Same with GP, executioners calling, any dot spell (singed running around in circles just simply stops all progress on a tower, and he's near unkillable)
Ap shaco is super lame, especially if he doesn't stack boxes but just puts them in a compass (NESW) kind of patern, the fear is ridiculous and you take tower damage while being feared.
Will probably update a bit later as it's hot as hell in my room and i don't feel like writing an essay.

Cyndikate

09-22-2011

This is the first time I'd be complaining about champs.

Morello, Dominion isn't that much of a game of skill. It's a game of which team has X champion, tanky DPS, tanks....etc.

Heimerdinger can defend his own tower by just camping and nuking. There's literally no way you can approach him without taking damage from two of his turrets and the tower he's camping on.

Just lost 3 games horribly with tanky DPS on it. Tanky DPS on this map, have way too much sustain, while at the same time, have too much burst. Garen and Singed are on the top of that list. They can kill a squishy while soaking up tower damage. So I do suggest that you give towers armor penetration.

Supports are useless on this map, especially the healing reduction, and the healing supports that you've already nerfed.

Bojangles

09-22-2011

Poppy