Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kerinmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

OP Udyr

Criously

Recruiter

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDChry View Post
Hey Morello -

Why can't you do balancing for each game mode (IE: The heroes have different stats for SR and CS?)

This seems the easiest so you don't have fanboys from each game mode crying at every patch.

edit: I agree with you whole heartedly. I think it will take at least a month before anyone can really know what kind of balance tweaks need to be made.
Oh yeah because its so super easy to keep everything perfectly balanced just for SR. you want them to do it for CS? (heh.. CS)

In time there will be a second metagame which will work just fine, some champs will be favoured in the crystal scar over summoners rift and vice versa, no need to double riots work load. Which I am sure is plenty big as it is.

Rebonack

09-21-2011

So far I've only played one game as Koggy and as such I have no real way to weigh my insights on the game.

Aside from knowing that I need to play it MOAR.

13a13ySin

09-21-2011

From Morello's quote

So, when you see something that seems strong, (attempt to counter it.)<------{Best Line that's how this MOBA game works.}also this part ---> Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are. Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience [/QUOTE]

Guntermench

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFarlong View Post
Evelynn OP
If you get her nerfed again I swear to whatever god you believe in I will hunt you down and kill a kitten right in front of you.

Amui

09-21-2011

Zilean seemed a little bit too strong.

scromboid

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You guys have a very small window of anecdotal evidence to look at. It's not really possible to accurately judge a game's balance on 120 minutes of brand new experiences.
True, which is why we all hope that the beta will open up for more than 120 minutes a day.

Quote:
As such, while I love the discussion and will probably jump in a bit myself, understand that we're going to let you guys discover things and let the game mature a bit.
Sounds great. Keep in mind, though, that explaining your reason and rationale for why things are may help shape our opinions on things. Understanding your design goals will help us understand the game.

Quote:
So, when you see something that seems strong, attempt to counter it. Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are.

Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience
Again, communicate. Letting us know that you actually won a game or two with Veigar is a great way to communicate your hard work during the balance phase and salve for those who are trying to play and getting shut down. It's easy for a player to go from happy to upset when something they are used to is not working properly with no information on whether or not what they are feeling is a valid, legitimate concern, or just frustration getting used to a new game mode.

Over-communication here is best We are just as passionate about the game as you guys are and sometimes it can feel like our questions and fears and falling on deaf ears. Not always - you guys are great. Right now, though, is a very fragile time when all these months of expectations are finally coming to fruition and for some folks it's getting dashed.

Keep up the great work, Riot. Remember, we love you guys and what you do for us

njr045

09-21-2011

i totally agree, people need to stop crying and learn how to take a loss

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

Quote:
You guys have a very small window of anecdotal evidence to look at. It's not really possible to accurately judge a game's balance on 120 minutes of brand new experiences.
Well then I think you know what to do to fix that problem

bl0b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDChry View Post
Hey Morello -

Why can't you do balancing for each game mode (IE: The heroes have different stats for SR and CS?)

This seems the easiest so you don't have fanboys from each game mode crying at every patch.

edit: I agree with you whole heartedly. I think it will take at least a month before anyone can really know what kind of balance tweaks need to be made.
there's buffs on the crystal scar that change stats like armor pen and such that benefit different classes

12345612 ... 34