Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ConebreadIH

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
Gp ult is absolutely ridiculous on this map.

As someone who has placed in the "top 3" of every game but 1 i've played;

Mundo is viable on this map. Weird.
Nidalee changes fit this map perfect, good.

Gp ult is over the top. Really slows down the team that's being ulted's pace, which is a huge thing.
Panth ult is underpowered, 3 people can almost cap the entire thing before he drops.
Dots are way strong, teemo can stop a team himself just by shooting them all once and for however long his psn lasts they can't take it. Same with GP, executioners calling, any dot spell (singed running around in circles just simply stops all progress on a tower, and he's near unkillable)
Ap shaco is super lame, especially if he doesn't stack boxes but just puts them in a compass (NESW) kind of patern, the fear is ridiculous and you take tower damage while being feared.
Will probably update a bit later as it's hot as hell in my room and i don't feel like writing an essay.
Yeah, but there's a bug with panth's ult that if placed on top of the point you can't see it, or maybe it's something with the map, but it's the old panth flickers and you see the ring for less than a second, and suddenly he appears.

Sparkfun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Well its been rather obvious that kat, akali, win nhao, and irelia are rather op in dominion with their distance closers and rammus with his hedgehog mode. Any chance you guys can make dominion specific nerfs?

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
8 of 19 Riot Posts

Bump!

ShadyGrave

09-22-2011

this was fun, thx for all your hard work Morello and all the other reds! Silent majority support you.

Mcyborg

09-22-2011

Even tho I think this mode is incredibly unbalanced, I had a good time with it. But I honestly don't see me playing it as much as I did SR.

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey guys,

As expected, there's many balance threads about Dominion after this morning's beta. Discussing your experiences and theory-crafting is always fun to do, and I encourage!

However, I want to set expectations extremely clearly here;

You guys have a very small window of anecdotal evidence to look at. It's not really possible to accurately judge a game's balance on 120 minutes of brand new experiences. As such, while I love the discussion and will probably jump in a bit myself, understand that we're going to let you guys discover things and let the game mature a bit. Other than something egregious that gets discovered, we likely won't be making any changes for Dominion immediately on the balance front. It's just too small of a window to tell.

So, when you see something that seems strong, attempt to counter it. Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are. Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience

EDIT: Still applies after two days

EDIT 2: Anivia is amazing on Dominion. Malzahar and Brand are beasts too.
I agree with Mor...since Riot is trying to help clam alot of the QQing about balance, can someone address the overall purpose of the personal score? I tried to make a thread about it, but since it didn't have a unbalance champion complaint, it didn't receive any Riot attention.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
9 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazarack View Post
I agree with Mor...since Riot is trying to help clam alot of the QQing about balance, can someone address the overall purpose of the personal score? I tried to make a thread about it, but since it didn't have a unbalance champion complaint, it didn't receive any Riot attention.
Just a way to see your contribution in a meaningful way, since K/D/A even gives less of a window into it on Dominion than it does on SR. It's one of those extra-little nice things that helps you see how you did, as well as a non-offensive way for us to say "hey, when you do this, it helps you and your team! Do it more!"

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just a way to see your contribution in a meaningful way, since K/D/A even gives less of a window into it on Dominion than it does on SR. It's one of those extra-little nice things that helps you see how you did, as well as a non-offensive way for us to say "hey, when you do this, it helps you and your team! Do it more!"
Finally, thank-you! So no intention to help place players better? Or how about a way to track it after the match? like you guys track takedowns and kills...it could just be highest personal score, or something?? I just can;t believe all that time programing to be wasted just for 12-15min match with no greater purpose!

Hethow

09-22-2011

I did find Brand to be nice and a good Anivia wall in the middle areas is pretty epic

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
10 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazarack View Post
Finally, thank-you! So no intention to help place players better? Or how about a way to track it after the match? like you guys track takedowns and kills...it could just be highest personal score, or something?? I just can;t believe all that time would be wasted just for 12-15min match with no greater purpose!
Well, there will be Ranked after players get used to it and figure out things like how to deal with Trynd...remember SR when Trynd was OP on release, we didn't change him, and now he's not? Dominion is like that - it's wild west out there, and this phase of discovery is fun!

Personal score though, is just for the session.