Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgeshowtunes View Post
I've experienced Rammus being almost unbeatable if played even remotely well. His speed and tankiness are just too much for this map. He can effectively be anywhere immediately, and the worst you'll do is make him run away faster than you can hope to be to another node.

Heimer also seems extremely powerful on this map. Making him leave a node is next to impossible, you basically need 3-4 people just to move him off a node. Yes, you can let that node sit and go cap another, but if you do, he leaves turrets there and roams as well, creating the problem elsewhere.

Overall, pretty fun times on this map, but there just seems to be a few champions that just shine over any other drastically. I'm not sure if you guys plan to balance around this in the future, or if it'll just be a "eh, play draft Dominion so you can ban them" kind of thing.
There isn't even enough bans in draft.

watereffecT

09-22-2011

casters murder tanky dps if you know how to kite, that's all i'm gonna say.

predix

09-22-2011

jax is just broken

Scuzoid

09-22-2011

Been playing Janna exclusively. Loving it.

Deathbat Scream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgeshowtunes View Post
I've experienced Rammus being almost unbeatable if played even remotely well. His speed and tankiness are just too much for this map. He can effectively be anywhere immediately, and the worst you'll do is make him run away faster than you can hope to be to another node.
I've been up against Rammus in several games. Yes, he may be challenging to defeat, and a big pain in the rear. If you own her, go with Irelia and start with some armor, instead of something that would give her more AD. Her "W" spell works well against tanks like Rammus, as upon activation of her "W" spell allows her basic attacks to be True Damage. And when Rammus starts speeding off, dash to him with your "Q" spell and slow him with "E". If he is still alive after all that, use your Ult and fire away.

Thaiya

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntermench View Post
If you get her nerfed again I swear to whatever god you believe in I will hunt you down and kill a kitten right in front of you.
Don't be silly. It's not theoretically possible, at this point in time, to nerf Evelynn any more than she has already been nerfed. She has achieved Absolute Zero according to the Absolute Zero Law of Champion Balance Changes.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
6 of 19 Riot Posts

Bump. More threads means this is still relevant

Primanocte

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Bump. More threads means this is still relevant
You've got a lot of nerfing to do before Dominion goes live.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
7 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
You've got a lot of nerfing to do before Dominion goes live.
Read the first post :P

Sachidanada

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzenic View Post
zomg

Edit:
So if I'm human, I'll never get to try Dominion?

I woke up this morning to discover, after getting the necessary 9 hours of sleep I usually require, that the first dominion beta window had come and passed not more than 2 hours before I woke up.

Seriously Riot?

I don't even work or anything, I specifically foresaw this when I was conceived in the womb, and consequently wasted my life so I would be unemployed and have no girlfriend to distract me from dominion, and I miss the beta window simply because I had to sleep. Clearly your fault.
is self depricating humor a good way to get girls?