Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToyJazzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Soraka I find is completely useless. Janna is good to have. Haven't seen her yet but Karma is probably a good ally. Sona probably. Hard to say for Ali, he sat and defended top all game so I don't have a good idea. Carries who get to a ridiculous amount of damage like a Tryndamere or Yi will stomp if you let them.

I find that Rammus, Garen, and Jax are always banned or picked. GP is also popular. Garen is op imho, from the get go he can easily 1 v 1 anyone, especially ap champs without a cc to escape. If he builds damage he can destroy anyone except a tanky dps.

Heimer can definitely control an area a lot better than most champs. AP is generally unpopular since they're squishy and everyone has a gap closer ("everyone" being tankydps')

For ranged dps the only champ that seems to be strong is KogMaw. Ez also does well. Ashe consistently does poorly (in my games) as does Vayne. Ashe's ultimate is useful, but Ez does the same and can kite more.

I find that tanks and soaks aren't very popular or useful since the inclination is to be everywhere at once (since no one really knows what they're doing anyway) and that tanks 1: are too slow to keep up with hurty champs like LeBlanc or Kass 2: left alone, most tanks can be beaten by any tanky dps who can sustain themself.

huntingrum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I noticed teemo was the most banned and hated when not because he would just blind everyone during a team fight and it took out the use of all ad carries which dominion seems to be geared towards... just my 2 cents

Narogsun

09-22-2011

rally is op in dominion xD

KawaiiDespair

09-22-2011

dat morello <3. hes almost as cool as jozreal ;3

KawaiiDespair

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyJazzer View Post
Soraka I find is completely useless. Janna is good to have. Haven't seen her yet but Karma is probably a good ally. Sona probably. Hard to say for Ali, he sat and defended top all game so I don't have a good idea. Carries who get to a ridiculous amount of damage like a Tryndamere or Yi will stomp if you let them.

I find that Rammus, Garen, and Jax are always banned or picked. GP is also popular. Garen is op imho, from the get go he can easily 1 v 1 anyone, especially ap champs without a cc to escape. If he builds damage he can destroy anyone except a tanky dps.

Heimer can definitely control an area a lot better than most champs. AP is generally unpopular since they're squishy and everyone has a gap closer ("everyone" being tankydps')

For ranged dps the only champ that seems to be strong is KogMaw. Ez also does well. Ashe consistently does poorly (in my games) as does Vayne. Ashe's ultimate is useful, but Ez does the same and can kite more.
i agree on soraka being kinda ehhh..but thats just theory. but after playing sona a couple games and getting top PS, **** sona is fine in crystal scar

Kayrol Ineonovus

09-22-2011

No problems at all up to now. Seen good players, bad players, good matches, bad matches, "epic" matches, twisted matches. And all my support champions are working, 'cept I had to change their builds. =P

I was just disapointed at the Quest System. I don't know, I was hoping there was going to be some kind of assassination type as well... =(

Saturdays

09-22-2011

Assassination quests would be epic to say at least would add that extra spice but tats optional tho

Theorycrafter

09-22-2011

After the 2nd day of beta, I believe Rammus isn't that strong - just annoying.

I keep at my opinion however, that Blitzcrank is bloody strong.

Malzahar's burst is hilariously strong, played like 4 games with Malzahars and all 4 had over 20 kills and were 1st or 2nd in points0_O....

The others I believe can be more or less countered.

xkawazux

09-22-2011

Couple things are blatantly obvious at this point.
The only thing that matters is picking strong 1v1 champions when SR is balanced around team play.

1) Ranged AD carries are way less useful than in SR. You can't rely on allies to stop someone from killing you and any sort of gap closer instantly screws you.

2) Melee AD characters are very strong, especially tanky DPS.

3) Traditional mages aren't super useful. Mages farm up much quicker and then fall off. When everyone has the same farm, you just fall off. (couple exceptions)

4) Assassins are very strong. Assassins generally scale very well with gold past a certain minimum threshold which you can't avoid because gold flow is incredibly strong.

5) Kills aren't important at all. You could repeatedly get aces and it won't do anything if you can't capure towers. Two nexus hp and 100 gold is definitely too low.

6) AD itemization is a lot stronger. Partly due to new items, but also from getting into the AD centric phase almost immediately. AP itemization is exactly the same as in SR making it weaker compared to AD.

alataria

09-22-2011

I think whats happening here is the transition from our snowball champions turning into wreckingball champions. Explaining this in metaphore - In Summoners rift our "snowball" champions would either roll down the mountian and destroy the house or be stoped early roll by "bumps and stumps" (player pressure). In dominion because there gear and experience will come even when pressured our "snowball" champions become "wreckingball" champions, not phased by the "bumps and stumps" and seals the house's fate as soon as its lifted. I do feel that some tweaking is needed but honestly since this is intended to be a fast paced game I don't believe there is time for snowball champions and the community just needs time to adjust.