Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oznap

09-22-2011

I can't really say anything either because my fps and computer starts to go on life support when playing Dominion (5-8 fps, lag that freezes the game for seconds at a time, delayed abilites, and issues with clicking champions).

I must point out something player related when I say this because I managed to get 1st in my team in most of these game even though I was suffering from terrible admounts of lag. So I mainly focused on roaming and capturing points and only confronting when faced with it.

Im guessing people arn't use to the capture the base meta and play Dominion like any capture the points in Cod.

However, I have a lovely 20 fps and no computer problems when playing on Summoners Rift. Explain why this is happening would be lovely.

Saturdays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznap View Post
I can't really say anything either because my fps and computer starts to go on life support when playing Dominion (5-8 fps, lag that freezes the game for seconds at a time, delayed abilites, and issues with clicking champions).

I must point out something player related when I say this because I managed to get 1st in my team in most of these game even though I was suffering from terrible admounts of lag. So I mainly focused on roaming and capturing points and only confronting when faced with it.

Im guessing people arn't use to the capture the base meta and play Dominion like any capture the points in Cod.

However, I have a lovely 20 fps and no computer problems when playing on Summoners Rift. Explain why this is happening would be lovely.
I think its time for you to get a new machine homie, mine runs it perfectly with 58-60 fps no matter what

apurplerock

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitong Traceur View Post
There is item giving You true damage on each hit (as active). Get Yi or Xin and melt faces. Or get Kat/Akali and snowball so fast that they won't be tanky enough for You
what is it called

im lookin for it in the menu and i cant find it

Primanocte

09-22-2011

Your champ balance for Dominion sucks. Bottom line. You won't catch me in there the same as you never see me in 3v3. You can't counter anyone because you can't deny people gold.

Where the hell are the AD Caster items for Dominion?

Borigrad

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplerock View Post
what is it called

im lookin for it in the menu and i cant find it
Entropy, Look under Atk-D, or Health. It builds from BF Sword and Phange it costs about 3500 i believe.

Umadbro12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Your champ balance for Dominion sucks. Bottom line. You won't catch me in there the same as you never see me in 3v3. You can't counter anyone because you can't deny people gold.
Bro, i've been saying this from day 1, i mean remember when they released the Soraka rework with the Sona/Taric/Nidalee changes? they even said it was all because of dominion, but the fact of the matter its like they release champs that were somewhat balanced for an RPG game, and then expect the same champs to work in an FPS game (just an example), its ******ed. In SR/TT you could counter Tanky DPS by denying them gold in lane, in CR you cant`

judgeshowtunes

09-22-2011

I've experienced Rammus being almost unbeatable if played even remotely well. His speed and tankiness are just too much for this map. He can effectively be anywhere immediately, and the worst you'll do is make him run away faster than you can hope to be to another node.

Heimer also seems extremely powerful on this map. Making him leave a node is next to impossible, you basically need 3-4 people just to move him off a node. Yes, you can let that node sit and go cap another, but if you do, he leaves turrets there and roams as well, creating the problem elsewhere.

Overall, pretty fun times on this map, but there just seems to be a few champions that just shine over any other drastically. I'm not sure if you guys plan to balance around this in the future, or if it'll just be a "eh, play draft Dominion so you can ban them" kind of thing.

NannerTime

09-22-2011

rush brutalizer as mantheon, then get last whisper. tht build rapes

Primanocte

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umadbro12 View Post
Bro, i've been saying this from day 1, i mean remember when they released the Soraka rework with the Sona/Taric/Nidalee changes? they even said it was all because of dominion, but the fact of the matter its like they release champs that were somewhat balanced for an RPG game, and then expect the same champs to work in an FPS game (just an example), its ******ed. In SR/TT you could counter Tanky DPS by denying them gold in lane, in CR you cant`
Exactly. Poppy, if played half way competently, will always get her farm and become insanely good. You can't stop her.

apurplerock

09-22-2011

My friend is on our team and I quote
"I pick rammus, we win"

im gonna have to agree, that is pretty much what happens