Janna's Viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HySh777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Ok, ok, with everyone saying that Tanky DPS and Fighters win Dominion games, and Riot saying it's not entirely true, what do you guys think of Janna?

In my personal experience, I played 4 games, and went 1/3. I was the backdoorer. (I blame 2 of the losses on bad teammates, sheer bloodlust doesn't win games, guys. -.- This isn't SR, you don't have to kill the players to get to the towers. Seriously, first game we lost, like 363-0. -.-)

Personal experience aside: Janna is freaking fast.

I max 650+ MS early game with Speed Shrines and Ghost. That's nothing to sneeze at. Averages at 480 MS.
I've defended a lot of points with my heal, and saved a lot of allies with my Shield.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My strategy:

2 points in Zephyr, 1 in the shield.

Buy Boots of Mobility as my first item.

I cap top ASAP, usually capping it before the other team even gets there, once they do, slow + Garrison + shield + knockup usually results in me getting the first kill.

After my first death/recall, I rush FoN. Keeps me alive a lot longer.

Usually at this point I start prioritizing which points to go cap, or defend. Map awareness is key.
In the next 5 minutes, I successfully backdoored a point or 2, and defended quite a few.

I would rush Lich Bane next, for the MS and AP. Usually I'm just constantly everywhere on the map now, changing the tides of teamfights with my ult and shield, and constantly backdooring undefended points.

Late game, you really have to be on your toes, because you don't have as much AD/AP as other champs. Heal and shield your allies CONSTANTLY, and you will be a lifesaver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think, with a little more practice, I will become amazing with Janna. From what I saw in my first 4 games, she shows amazing promise, and her speed is unrivaled by anyone except Rammus and Singed, and Singed only when he hits level 6.

tl;dr: Janna's viability in Dominion. Discuss.

Opinions? Feedback? Haters? Lovers? Trolls? Anyone?

AVHero

09-21-2011

This is encouraging. Janna is my favorite champ, and I haven't even gotten to play her much in SR recently. If she is actually strong in Dominion, that would make me happy.

TobiSaru

09-21-2011

bet teemo is faster

Deansington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

i main Janna in SR, and win 85% of all games with her. I have tried her in a game of dominion. I think she has a lot of potential to be viable, but the problem I can foresee there being for her are high damage nukes. She can get shutdown pretty easily when solo, and it's unrealistic to be at every teamfight. Her movement with ghost and other speed boosts will be a great asset, as I also took garrison for those clutch defending moments, saving our towers in the nick of time.

The best moment with Janna was when kat started spinning at top while my minions were capturing, and I was low on health. I used my ulti and it pushed her straight down and she popped right through the building below me to the other side, making her walk around, and by that time I had made the capture, popped garrison and she died trying to take it back. That push is gonna be so broken when I master it

Smoky

09-21-2011

this man understands dominion. I dispise janna for various reasons but I would be in terror if you and your janna were in my dominion game on the other team. WP sir.

just to add, Janna isn't an AD brusier or tanky dps but can do well in dominion.

HySh777

09-21-2011

I have a tendecy to reply to everyone, lol, so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVHero View Post
This is encouraging. Janna is my favorite champ, and I haven't even gotten to play her much in SR recently. If she is actually strong in Dominion, that would make me happy.
I hope so. It looks that way. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiSaru View Post
bet teemo is faster
Eh... Teemo's fast, but I don't think he can match Janna. I'll check out his stats here in a bit, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansington View Post
i main Janna in SR, and win 85% of all games with her. I have tried her in a game of dominion. I think she has a lot of potential to be viable, but the problem I can foresee there being for her are high damage nukes. She can get shutdown pretty easily when solo, and it's unrealistic to be at every teamfight. Her movement with ghost and other speed boosts will be a great asset, as I also took garrison for those clutch defending moments, saving our towers in the nick of time.

The best moment with Janna was when kat started spinning at top while my minions were capturing, and I was low on health. I used my ulti and it pushed her straight down and she popped right through the building below me to the other side, making her walk around, and by that time I had made the capture, popped garrison and she died trying to take it back. That push is gonna be so broken when I master it
That's nice. XD

And yeah, I noticed the same thing, hard CC kinda shuts her down really quickly, and she's EXTREMELY squishy, even 1v1, but typically the enemy can't corner her well enough to destroy her like that. I think I've died... maybe... 2 times like that in my 4 games. But those were usually situations where I was 3v1 or so, and didn't have time/couldn't actually do anything to react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
this man understands dominion. I dispise janna for various reasons but I would be in terror if you and your janna were in my dominion game on the other team. WP sir.

just to add, Janna isn't an AD brusier or tanky dps but can do well in dominion.
Well thank you for saying so. Glad you agree.

vX2

09-21-2011

low CDR + AP is what you should need.... everything will just roll with them.

HySh777

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vX2 View Post
low CDR + AP is what you should need.... everything will just roll with them.
Of course. After FoN, I go Lich Bane for MS and AP, then if game isn't close to an end, I go CDR. Thing is, she's not as viable building like your standard SR support, what with auras and the like. Auras are nice, but not as important as in SR.

I kinda ignored what you were getting at because I was thinking out loud, but:

Point is: Building Janna pure AP/CDR CAN work, it's just not how I've been using her. I prefer MS as of right now, but you know, my opinion may be subject to change. Or wrong. :P

LtEarthworm

09-22-2011

I've been playing some Janna, but with a pure mobility/Capture build: Boots of Mobility, Priscilla's, and then Zeals->Phantom Dancers with Ghost and Revive.
The down side to this build is you are indeed useless in fights. Might try building more AP later