Going back to Summoner's Rift...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanman

09-21-2011

is going to be hard after playing even just four games of dominion...the increased gold gains alone were such an awesome experience that being back in SR and getting that Bloodthirster at 20 minutes (give or take five minutes) seems like absolute ages compared to my games in Dominion.

I wonder what it would be like with increased gold gains in SR, for both creeps and passive gains. It was fun getting powerful faster, or watching the entire enemy team come back with chain vests and merc treads after getting stomped in the first round of fighting.

I mean my shortest game was 11 minutes with Talon, and I had the Sanguine blade, mobility boots, brutalizer, and the prospectors blade. Sure I had eight kills and eight assists, but it just felt good. Really felt rewarded for getting those kills and making good plays.

How bout it Riot, give us a fun mode that is just in customs or whatnot to have increased gold gains in SR? Would anyone else support this?

Personally focusing on fighting and getting stuff done is just...really fun.

Heavy Metal Hero

09-21-2011

It sounds fun, but to me, half the enjoyment I get out of being farmed or fed is the work I had to put in to do it. Makes it that much more rewarding. That said, I think I'm risking straying off topic here if I keep talking about SR, lol.

AVHero

09-21-2011

Don't change SR. Not even in customs.

People need to realize they are different game modes. Dominion is meant for quick, fast-paced, action, whereas SR gives people a chance to strategize and plan. There is none of that in Dominion, its just run and gun.

Guardian86

09-21-2011

8 minutes ~30 win in dominion.... that was just crazy stupid fast and i had sanguine blade 'zerker boots and prospector's blade at that point and my first return to shop was after my first death at 6 minutes... feels weird going back that fast and having almost 4k gold >.>

Narogsun

09-21-2011

yea man after playing DOM normal feels so longgggggg

Sanman

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narogsun View Post
yea man after playing DOM normal feels so longgggggg
Yeah I feel your pain. I understand they are separate game modes, but I have a feeling competitive LoL will be much more fun to watch if Dominion takes over. If it doesn't, I might just not watch much LoL then anymore. :/

I'm not even concerned about a ranked Dominion mode (solo queue would be horrible), it was just so much fun....who needs ranked.

ManOWar2Red

09-22-2011

fast kid paced games who require no skill or strategy. Boring.