Dominion Quests to easy to miss.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heron Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Bump

boourns

UI Designer

09-21-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.

LilDrood

09-21-2011

I played 4 games today.

My feedback: I only seen a quest once. I'm sure there was more than one, but I only SEEN there was an active quest once in all those games. Even when I seen it was up, I litterally forgot about it within 20 seconds because it was tiny and out of the way.

There needs to be some OBVIOUS indicator on the map(As in on the game screen) and/or mini map itself, and it needs to not have the text hidden away in some corner in tiny font.

Piolho Cristão

09-21-2011

You guys could show on the nexus life, maybe with purple, the life that the nexus will lose if the quest is completed.

Non blue/yellow pings could be send when the quest appears, and then again and again whenever the defense point was being capture or something like that.

Keyan

09-21-2011

Maybe something like an arrow that scrolls on the edges of your screen in the direction of the thing you need to attack/defend

(ie; a 2D platformer game where it points something to you off screen)

Mailius

09-21-2011

I agree that the quests might be too subtle for starting dominion... The announcement is easy to miss (maybe add something like the "this is how to play" buttons that we get in blue in the bottom right at the start of every map, except for the current quest?).

You could also make the quest icons a bolder color on the minimap, and maybe add a special texture to the cap point on the actual map so it stands out a little bit more.

vX2

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.
Make it a "MARQUEE (html)" with red color, and big on screen !!..

LilDrood

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vX2 View Post
Make it a "MARQUEE (html)" with red color, and big on screen !!..
With little Teemos on both side dancing with a top hat and using his dart gun as a cane, if you could, please.

Sykper

09-21-2011

Maybe a couple flashes from the whole minimap would direct enough attention to the quest locations...

Like literally the whole map flashes instead of a few particle effects

orc72

09-21-2011

I think the more use we get to dominion the more often we will notice the quest. First couple of games everyone was playing theyh are going to be paying attention to other things then side quest. But after all the new is done, the quest will become more of a focus instead of trying to figure out the best stratagy

123456 ... 8