Dominion Successes? Failures?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

09-21-2011

Did great with Talon, and ok with Ezreal.

Mundo was far worse than i expected.

Ninjacap Janna with mspd quints, the 15% cap bonus item with movespeed, shurelya's and boots of mobility is the most fun i've ever had in LoL.

Jackt uP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Jax - super strong in Dominion.
Irelia - also another strong champ.
Heimerdinger - VERY strong at defending.
Rammus - High mobility is just overall good for rushing towers/defending.
Master Yi - Again very high mobility and can 1v1 vs squishy defenders.
Nocturne - Tanky build can 1v1 very well, and Ulti to save turrets is really good.

My conclusion is tanky dps (Solo top type characters) are VERY strong in this game mode due to sustain and just being able to 1v1/2v1. Jax is a perfect example of this.

Smilingengine

09-21-2011

i'll tell you this right now...zilean has an amazing first 3 minutes..then is complete garbage. But Mundo is pretty good at both attacking and defending...those are the only 2 champs i was able to try before the beta closed

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackt uP View Post
Jax - super strong in Dominion.
Irelia - also another strong champ.
Heimerdinger - VERY strong at defending.
Rammus - High mobility is just overall good for rushing towers/defending.
Master Yi - Again very high mobility and can 1v1 vs squishy defenders.
Nocturne - Tanky build can 1v1 very well, and Ulti to save turrets is really good.

My conclusion is tanky dps (Solo top type characters) are VERY strong in this game mode due to sustain and just being able to 1v1/2v1. Jax is a perfect example of this.
High mobility > tanky DPS imo.

Kassadin, Ezreal, Champions with a blink that still do good damage can pop in and out so easily.

Silentcoyote

09-21-2011

I think we will see new roles emerge. Like defenders. People who actually do not push lanes but run around to points protecting them. Instead of everyone pulling double duty. Also I've seen Tryn do well but tanks for the most part are sub par.

Comatose24

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentcoyote View Post
I think we will see new roles emerge. Like defenders. People who actually do not push lanes but run around to points protecting them. Instead of everyone pulling double duty. Also I've seen Tryn do well but tanks for the most part are sub par.
I play Maokai as my main, and in the 4 matches I got in today I just stayed at the two points right by our base, and I defended them solo. The only problems I had was when there were about 4 champs, then I needed help haha. But yeah, Maokai with Garrison=win. We won 3 out of 4 matches, and the last match that we lost, we lost 0-20.

Lumaca

09-21-2011

GP = Worse than expected. Gets maimed by more durable champs, but can defend 2 points at once.

ALL CHAT WARRIOR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Arathi Basin 2.0

Sorcery

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovschousky View Post
Did well with Garen and Akali, but my Jax had a slow start. Did poorly on Riven.
Riven is poor at everything. That's a given.

R0shi

09-21-2011

did great with Irelia, okay with GP. Teemo was trash due to snowballing assassins.