The Dominion Beta Window wasn't for you to try it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalthi View Post
False.

Not all testing of servers is stress testing. If you are just looking for usage information a smaller sample can be useful. They don't necessarily want to see what breaks the system right now.
Except what they should be doing from the **** start anyways is testing this **** on a public test server, not the live server. Why they would even do open testing on their real servers is poor in general. And, sure, not all of it is stress testing, but that's usually one of the main reasons that you do test it openly instead of closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
Do you test your ability to lift weights by going to a large amount that you've never done before right away? No.
Failed analogy is fail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaptainKickass

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakaraim View Post
ITT OP feels like he's the only one who can make sense of what limited beta testing is for and he must explain it to the masses


Talk about a sense of entitlement
Entitlement? Hardly. I only made this because I saw countless threads *****ing about how it's bull**** that it's open during the "work day" so the "hard-working people" that are the "only ones who pay money to Riot" can't play their precious dominion. And yes, everything in quotes was actually said. So, try again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azure Skyz

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
It was for Riot to test their servers capacity for the new map. Also, they don't care who played it, because it was simply a test. (to: people who say that the working people didn't get a chance to play it)

The more you know.
Your preaching to the choir. Riot posted this already, if people weren't smart enough to get it then, they certainly won't be smart enough to understand it here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaptainKickass

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post

Failed analogy is fail.
Failed understanding of stress testing is fail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Vikachu

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
Except what they should be doing from the **** start anyways is testing this **** on a public test server, not the live server. Why they would even do open testing on their real servers is poor in general. And, sure, not all of it is stress testing, but that's usually one of the main reasons that you do test it openly instead of closed.



Failed analogy is fail.
Their test servers are really small, which is a reason why patch changes seem so stupid at times: they simply don't get enough data from testing on the PTR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
Failed understanding of stress testing is fail.
LOL I work with this kinda **** daily, I know exactly what a stress test is. I'm betting I know considerably more about servers than you. Oye.

And I love how there are so many dumbasses. If they got screwed outta trying the game they'd feel just as cheated as those of us who had to work. Instead, because they are kids who have no job and provided for by their parents (most likely) they have the free time to be on at these kinda hours and just sit on their ass playing the games and then saying "hah sucks for you, you jelly?" not realizing the hypocritical ******baggery they profess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vikachu View Post
Their test servers are really small, which is a reason why patch changes seem so stupid at times: they simply don't get enough data from testing on the PTR.
Actually, they don't even have a test server anymore. They did a while ago, now the only one they have is their in house one. That's a failing on Riot's part. Providing an online game like this, if you're going to bring out new features and want to test them publicly you have to have a public test server so you don't **** your live server. Which means either they were sure it'd be fine for the live server and they could have left it open more or they are taking really stupid risks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mahbubalij

Senior Member

09-21-2011

I love that people think everything is for them. Delusional.

This must be the same rationale that causes creationism. The universe exists FOR US, specifically for us, the humans. Evolution can't be true, because that would imply that I do not have ownership of the entire universe for me personally. Wah wah wah me me me. Creationism.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaptainKickass

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
LOL I work with this kinda **** daily, I know exactly what a stress test is. I'm betting I know considerably more about servers than you. Oye.

And I love how there are so many dumbasses. If they got screwed outta trying the game they'd feel just as cheated as those of us who had to work. Instead, because they are kids who have no job and provided for by their parents (most likely) they have the free time to be on at these kinda hours and just sit on their ass playing the games and then saying "hah sucks for you, you jelly?" not realizing the hypocritical ******baggery they profess.
Well in that case, I'm glad YOU don't work for Riot. Scumbag.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
Well in that case, I'm glad YOU don't work for Riot. Scumbag.
Why? Because I'd actually push for a proper test realm that was up far more than just 2 hours to test something. If I was only creating it for the NA, I'd prolly definitely lock everyone outside of the NA area from being able to play on it, but that's not even certain then. I'd actually provide, you know, reasonable ways to test. It's stupid as hell to do things as they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahbubalij View Post
I love that people think everything is for them. Delusional.

This must be the same rationale that causes creationism. The universe exists FOR US, specifically for us, the humans. Evolution can't be true, because that would imply that I do not have ownership of the entire universe for me personally. Wah wah wah me me me. Creationism.
I love how kids who got what they wanted can then hypocritically turn around and claim someone is saying they think something is for them. Try again, dip****. I'm purely saying that the way they are handling this is unfair and a poor way to test new things. This has nothing to do with me feeling entitled to play Dominion, I'm honestly not that concerned over it in the long run, but I care far more about what's right and fair and just to let something even unimportant slip by. Just because YOU lack honor and a strong moral doesn't mean others do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloribhem

Senior Member

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
LOL I work with this kinda **** daily, I know exactly what a stress test is. I'm betting I know considerably more about servers than you. Oye.

And I love how there are so many dumbasses. If they got screwed outta trying the game they'd feel just as cheated as those of us who had to work. Instead, because they are kids who have no job and provided for by their parents (most likely) they have the free time to be on at these kinda hours and just sit on their ass playing the games and then saying "hah sucks for you, you jelly?" not realizing the hypocritical ******baggery they profess.



Actually, they don't even have a test server anymore. They did a while ago, now the only one they have is their in house one. That's a failing on Riot's part. Providing an online game like this, if you're going to bring out new features and want to test them publicly you have to have a public test server so you don't **** your live server. Which means either they were sure it'd be fine for the live server and they could have left it open more or they are taking really stupid risks.
I love that you got the information on them not having a test server from your fail closed thread that you started a while ago. Also I am at work from 8-5 monday through friday and do you know what I did about this whole Dominion thing? I texted my buddy who I play with, who's still in college, and told him to wake up and play. Then I made fun of him for sleeping through it. I bet he feels "cheated" the same as "us" since he slept through the beta. Dumb Riot for not catering to his every beck and call. Jeez. Also I love that you say you work with stress testing servers on a daily basis.

I made the servers that get stress tested at Riot. See how cool I sound now cause I can make up something about myself?