Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soljinz

09-21-2011

Dat tanky dps op ****z

Zerbee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

I only had time to play one game due to my schedule, but my first game experience as Akali was rather boring. The mode seems like it has alot of potential but my game was completely one sided where my team just fully capped the other team and I was fed.
Also the minions feel more like a nuisance then something you want to push and keep an eye on.

But this is just after one game, this my first impressions :x

Watusa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

I entirely agree on all points. Dominion needs a complete set of its own champions and its own game before this should even come to light. You cant balance anything with due to Dom being so totally different from SR and TT. The items seem alil over the top. Should have just introduced the 15% capture speed ones and call it that.

Also stack phantom dancers or zeals to win games and play any pubstomper.

DaHindu

09-21-2011

Its alot less tactical then classic or even 3v3 but the beauty of it is the controlled chaos. Mindless fun and your right the tweaking will change the character balanceing to near impossible. I Just played dominion as the crank and I owned. EVERYONE standing sill. Its a blitzcrank dream of the wet variety. I think riot is going to have to balance dominion and classic individually for each champion. Or this is gonna turn into a turkey shoot of some champs are dominion only and others are classic only.

spongeAddict

09-21-2011

LoL community is challenged ... I wouldn't downvote someone for an opinion, assuming it's legitimate. Players use downvote as a way to disagree, rather than the way it should be used.

Stormblind

09-21-2011

Its great honestly. I absolutely love it.

RageDoll

09-21-2011

I was really excited about Dominion and when they released that there was going to be testing during off peak times I was ecstatic (as I'm in UK. It's 4.20pm here and Dominions available)

Just played 4 games. I never want to play it again. All of the games were just fast hitting life stealing attack damage fest's. Saw a Tryndamere go 18-5 in 4 mins. Next game our Udyr went 29-2 in 8 mins.
I liked the idea of fast kills, quick leveling and short games. But this isn't what I expected. Back to Normal games me thinks.

dryo

09-21-2011

I played with kassadin just fine..

RageDoll

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHindu View Post
Its alot less tactical then classic or even 3v3 but the beauty of it is the controlled chaos. Mindless fun and your right the tweaking will change the character balanceing to near impossible. I Just played dominion as the crank and I owned. EVERYONE standing sill. Its a blitzcrank dream of the wet variety. I think riot is going to have to balance dominion and classic individually for each champion. Or this is gonna turn into a turkey shoot of some champs are dominion only and others are classic only.
Agreed, like champions should have different balancing for each game mode. One champion maybe balanced/strong in 5V5 will be too OP for Dominion and visa-versa.

DONGLORD420

09-21-2011

hell no its awesome