Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
The main thing that disappoints me about Dominion is that its a mode that cators to a small subset of champions. So many champions just dont really have a place in Dominion
How do you know already?

Quote:
Getting farm has always felt like part of the balance of SR and champs. Its one advantage AP casters in particular tended to have over assassins or tanky DPS. Now everyone gets farm for free which is a huge advantage to champions that already are at an advantage due to the style of play (lots of motion away from turrets leading to small skirmishes). Also AoE is not nearly as effective on CS because of how its mostly small skirmishes, so yet again, AP casters tend to lose out while assassins/tanky DPS are left unaffected.
I've been playing a super defensive Morg and been doing pretty good. Once people realize you only need 3 points to win and stop running through the jungle to try and single cap all 5 all game...it's not as bad. I think people are underestimating towers and creep waves. Once people learn how to use them, and not ignore them, they will become a much bigger part of the meta game.

Brawller

09-22-2011

Dominion is made for team commando Jarvan Garen Xin Galio and Lux would own this map to hard.

Played a commando team with out galio, had a karthus, it was too OP, garen xin and jarv are op as **** on dominion.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

My first game was 'Meh' but I'm really enjoying it now, if the server stop 'lagging' me....

GnomeDigest

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
How do you know already?

I've been playing a super defensive Morg and been doing pretty good. Once people realize you only need 3 points to win and stop running through the jungle to try and single cap all 5 all game...it's not as bad.
I dont but I am doing what everyone is doing on the forums; speculating based off the 20 or so games I have played, while including the knowledge of hundreds of games of LoL.

You might be right about being able to be more defensive holding 3 but the turret system works against that mainly because they can turn off your turret with one person trying to cap while the other is free to own you without fear of the turret. If you focus on just constantly interrupting your turret still wont do much and you are splitting your damage between two opponents. Perhaps some AoE can help there but the platforms are big enough that halfway intelligent position by the enemies means you are still only going to hit one at a time, even with an AoE as big as Anivia's ult. The platforms are really big and you only have to be at the edge to cap.

Ultimately I still think the field of champions used with be very narrow as more games are played. Morg is one of the tankiest ap casters already so it doesnt surprise me she would do alright.

GnomeDigest

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Once people realize you only need 3 points to win and stop running through the jungle to try and single cap all 5 all game...it's not as bad.
Its not just the jungle though. Its even going down the lane toward the next turret. You cant ward on this map so the moment you leave your turret you have over-extended.

Ruthereg

09-22-2011

champ are 3 type
Early start
mid game
late game
here in Dominion Early and mid game are really under power
late game champ are the OP most of them are squashy at early start but since we getting crazy exp + gold early and mid game champ have 0% chance vs late game (most of them have invisibility)
the seems to be not bad but i dunno why there is minions around the map they are really useless NONE care about them
none try to attack them we all rush to point to take it , thats it
also as far as i see AP OWN any one in this map i dunno why AD is really bad ....

Neoris

09-22-2011

i like dominionis fun and fast!

cheddar fetter

09-22-2011

Personally, I find Garrison very useful defensively. While it won't always keep you alive, it will definitely delay them, and if you know what you are doing, it should take about 3 people to actually take it from you if you use garrison.

Earlier in a game, me and a team mate went to protect the refinery as purple and 3 of the opponents came. They quickly forced my team mate out with almost no health, and then tried to get me, who was still defending. I eneded up killing 2 and forcing one to back off with the help of garrison before dieing.