Things LVL 30s should know: long post

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myridus

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by a wombat View Post
What if you're playing an early laning/towerkilling powerhouse? If you're playing, say, Heimerdinger, can't it be useful to wail on the minions & push the lane repeatedly so you can get in range to grenade the tower down?

I'm asking because that's what I do when I play Heimer and I can usually have my lane's tower down in 10-15 minutes barring a bad gank or an especially nasty lane matchup.
I'm sorry. I completely forgot to mention that circumstance. I'll edit it tomorrow. It's late here and I'm bout to sleep.

For a quicky, yes there are some combinations and situations where you simply say "screw finesse, let's push these *****es". Heimer is one of those circumstances. Will edit.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

i stopped reading when you said "do not auto attack, only last hit"

no. just... just no. i am NOT going to sit passively by every game and every laning phase WAITING for that last hit, running in circles or whatever. no. especially if im ranged.

i am going to auto attack as much as i can, but i WILL halt in time to get the last hit, or change targets. last hitting is not a problem for me, and i auto attack. suck it. i will push. pushing wins games more than idle bs. more than that, its harder to last hit in tower range. yes it takes some calculation and timing, but its still a great deal harder. if i can push it, im doing it. gtfo.

DinoFuzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
i am going to auto attack as much as i can, but i WILL halt in time to get the last hit, or change targets. last hitting is not a problem for me, and i auto attack. suck it. i will push. pushing wins games more than idle bs. more than that, its harder to last hit in tower range. yes it takes some calculation and timing, but its still a great deal harder. if i can push it, im doing it. gtfo.
Yes you can still last hit no problem when you auto attack, but against intelligent opponents it can actually hinder you, pushing them back to their tower like that consistently gives them an advantage if they can hold back your creeps, as well as all but denying you a kill.

Nidwin

06-02-2010

Thanks a lot for this guide, very helpful.
It seems Iíll need more practice games for the last hit stuff. Only level 15 so still plenty of time.
Iíve a couple of questions although and may be someone could help me out.
I ďtryĒ to main Morgana as I love this champion and her support aspect but I am wondering if I am doing the right stuff during the lane phase.
I try to last hit but not always easy as my opponents and my companion are often more interested in first blood. Anyway,
I drop Tormented Soil on/just behind the ranged creeps versus ranged champions or on the melee creeps versus mdps champions once my creeps are nearly dead. This to avoid the enemy champions to last hit my dying creeps. Should I stop doing this or is this ok?
Lane with our tank at the beginning. (level 1-6)
I try to get the creep wave close to our turet so our tank can stay close to it. I then focus on the enemy champions, to distract them, so my tank can hit or last hit the creeps. Sometimes dropping Tormented soil to make the enemy creeps die faster, black shield my tank to help him a bit, and so on. Is this ok too or is their something better to do?
Also a problem I sometimes have is, even if I tell our tank not to worry and focus on the creeps, he/her feels the need to position him/herself in front of me and target the enemy champions. I understand the protective nature of the tank, especially with his support, but when this happens nothing I say or do will change his/her mind. Is this because of my playing style and I need to change it or a normal behavior and Iíll have to accept it?
Not sure I should ask these questions here, but thanks again for the guide.
Nid

Arkrothe

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooner View Post
STICKY THiS POST
Second it.
+1 to OP

Moredot

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
i stopped reading when you said "do not auto attack, only last hit"

no. just... just no. i am NOT going to sit passively by every game and every laning phase WAITING for that last hit, running in circles or whatever. no. especially if im ranged.

wow r etard right there

Demosthenes

06-02-2010

I learned these things around level 10, and it took about 150 games after that for my elo to get to where others did the same things.

Anyways +1

R66Y

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidwin View Post
Also a problem I sometimes have is, even if I tell our tank not to worry and focus on the creeps, he/her feels the need to position him/herself in front of me and target the enemy champions. I understand the protective nature of the tank, especially with his support, but when this happens nothing I say or do will change his/her mind. Is this because of my playing style and I need to change it or a normal behavior and Iíll have to accept it?
As a tank player, I get real nervous when I see the support in my lane being real aggressive. We can do the aggressive thing, but if I sit back and you make a mistake, it can be very difficult for me to assist you (especially since I main Rammus and thus have no ranged method of trying to slow/stop them). Now, if you are sitting back and chilling behind the creep waves and last hitting with me, no worries. Basically, the more danger i perceive you to be in, the more likely I am to get between you and the opponents.

Now, it could also just be a case where they are trying to harass. If you've already told them you are playing conservatively during laning and they insist on being aggressive, there is little you can do about it. Some people just don't know how to wait patiently for the right opportunity to present itself before jumping their opponents.

Kazuar

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphacide View Post
"You should be able to take hits and do reasonable damage. Most also have CC (stuns/slows) to "force" a fight to happen. This way their carry that you targetted has to turn and fight you since he can't get away."

I read this and than remembered hauling ass to kill a caster minion as a level 18 alistar. Alistar is living proof not all tanks can do reasonable damage
Let me guess.
This was PURPLE caster minion?
He is OP.

Rynac

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myridus View Post
Since youíre minions will die faster,
All my hate.

Other then that, good post.