Things LVL 30s should know: long post

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artonox

06-01-2010

one of longest posts ive ever read, and i didnt get bored (even though i know most of the stuff already).

I agree entirely, and tbh everyone should read it.

Lilitu

06-01-2010

Towers deny creeps. No matter what people say letting your creeps be pushed back to the tower is a bad idea. You need to push the lane by auto attacking creeps. L2hans2

Crowlz

06-01-2010

This thread is win.

Indeathinite

06-01-2010

Great post. I don't know how many times I've had to tell my lane partners "Only hit the enemy creeps when you are going to collect gold please."

There are a couple of things I would add to this:

1) If at least 4 of the enemy team is still alive, do not do Baron unless you can see every one of the enemy team on the minimap (for example, you have pushed their inhibitors and they are defending). Otherwise, doing Baron is simply not worth it, and if your whole team ends up missing, or they have a ward at Baron, you will most likely die. Baron is nice if you've pushed all inhibitors and/or you need that final push for victory--beyond that, leave him alone in most situations.

2) Wards. Buy them. You will spend 90-270 gold (You can only stack 3 at a time of the cheap ward), and once you get good at placing them, the map awareness will result in less deaths and more kills for your team. This is especially true if the enemy team is ganking a lot (traveling in huge groups).

3) Stackable Items. If you are dying a lot, do not buy them. Your first item should almost ALWAYS be something that increases your survivability (i.e. Rylai's for casters). The extra HP will be MUCH better for you early to mid-game than the extra damage on your medium-level skills will be. Not to mention that a lot of the survivability items give you a huge bonus in some other form or fashion.

4) Potions...these items cost 300 gold. The benefits from getting one of these early is huge. Not at lvl 1, but around the middle levels, if you are doing reasonably well, a potion can pay for itself many times over if it allows your team to have the edge in team fights, or in gank attempts. Many times if you do find yourself buying a stackable item, purchasing a potion or two will assist you in gaining a significant amount of stacks quickly.

...just some of my thoughts.

Wild Panic

06-01-2010

this is amazingly helpful, thank you for taking the time to write this up

Aircross

06-01-2010

This is a must read for all players, not just level 30s, though when you're level 30 you are expected to somewhat know all this.

It's kind of unnerving to have level 30s feeding Fiddlesticks because they didn't pull back to their tower after a "Fiddle mia," call.

sweatersDC

06-01-2010

This is a great post. I actually started writing something similar up yesterday.

The problem is though that most players who need this advice don't read the forums, and will never see this thread. They'll keep playing like idiots and racking up wins whenever they happen to get carried by their teammates.

Sunaka

06-01-2010

Words do not express how much I appreciate you posting this. I've been considering to do the same for a couple of weeks ( I've hit a run of bad games with really bad players who sadistically push the lane and produce no gold for it ).

This needs sticky. Now.

Myridus

06-01-2010

Lol, I didn't expect such a huge response honestly. Thanks for all the bonus tips guys. I forgot to mention wards and Baron when I wrote it. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing accompanied by lack of something to.

DangIt

06-01-2010

good post. couldn't agree more.

Also, personally I wonder why some level 30s just QQ and say "O we lost this I'ma stay at base and go drink beer/watch tv/feed them more on purpose" when the kills are like 0-5 at the beginning. Yes, its not the ideal start but after playing as many games they did while getting to lvl 30, didn't they go through countless comebacks from bad beginnings? Recently Ive been in games where we came back from 0-8 or 1-9 starts.

TL DR - > I really wonder how some people got to level 30 when they just give up right away... plz dont give up so easily...