Things LVL 30s should know: long post

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BandogGrooves

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
So basically...

Lane like a passive ******bag and be sure to selfishly steal every creep kill for yourself with no regard to your partner. I love how the stupid denier strategy still found its way into LoL despite there being no denying.

Abuse the broken brush mechanic in lieu of having any true laning and/or ganking skill.

Don't push lanes in a game where the primary objective is to destroy the opposing team's base.

Boy you know, your post neatly summed up how painfully one dimensional LoL is with its complete disregard to laning and overemphasis on ganking. Basically, almost every way I don't play this game and never plan to is on your so-called brilliant list of "Do this and always win."

More than anything, your post has reminded me how much I hate how shallow this game is at heart. Every game devolves into the same stupid **** and in the end, the only thing that matters is which team blindly counter-picks better. And which team can hump the brush more effectively too, of course.

Your post should have ended at "you can never quite predict how a lane will go because of character match ups" because in light of that, anything you say thereafter is simply supposition, despite trying to hypocritically state "but there are some things that remain true at all times."

There are too many variables in play to realistically assume that anything could possibly be absolute. I'm afraid that makes your post nothing more than subjective drivel that should not be taken as fact.

Thank you for reminding me why I hate LoL, although I'm sure my next game will do that job just as well.
Some people really have issues... That remides my how much I appreciate constructive criticism and polite discussions. Shame we still have flamers and clearly dumb people around.

This is "best practice" post, don't expect advice to every situation. You probably still play on lowest elo, so every game sucks when people just learn to play. No wonder you hate it. Too dumb to learn.

FuYA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I liked. It did take me a while to read cause im sleepy, but it was worth it. You should put this in the Guides area titled as Everything you should learn so that at lvl 30 you dont suck.

I do feel like there is something missing though. Some thing about items.

AngryByte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

bump for great justice

recommend a move to Guides and Strategy forum and insertion of link to this post before all other links

Xylch

06-07-2010

Great thread, I agree with pretty much everything. The issue is that the people that REALLY need the advice will never read it because they "know what they are doing".

I try my best to play to these guidelines, and have been for awhile now. The problem is that my teammates don't, and as much as I try to teach them, they refuse to listen.

I do my best to protect them, and if they do something stupid, I generally follow them to try to save them. Half the time this works, the other half both of us get killed, there is no way to know which way it's gonna go.

Jejunum

06-07-2010

This really is a good thread for people to read. While I agree with some comments that you can't predict how every lane battle is going to end because of different character combinations I don't necessarily think that the OP was getting at that.

Rather, I think the OP points about how to tactically handle your character in lane is a good read. I also liked the last hit discussion as many others have. I have been one of those players that just goes auto attack crazy and just gets chance last hits. I'm going to work on changing this though.

I do have one question to higher ELO players recommend the Stealth detecting ward or the oracle elixir? Recently I've been using the oracle elixir and it works wonders, but it's expensive when you die (although I've been getting better about not dying...but thats another subject) and if people recommend the ward I would happily start using it.

Overall, great post and a great read.

YetiPrincessx3

06-07-2010

excellent post.
would read again.

Definitely have yelled at scrubs for not doing ALL of those things.
loved the sarcasm, and use that tone in my head when QQing about teammates.

Vindeen

06-07-2010

awesome

SciencePrime

06-12-2010

Excellent guide. I especially liked the team fights section. I spell out some of the same concepts in my Alistar guide. Even a team of level 30s with +300 wins will blow all their spells on me, and my team just cleans up.

Miles Long

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandogGrooves View Post
Some people really have issues... That remides my how much I appreciate constructive criticism and polite discussions. Shame we still have flamers and clearly dumb people around.

This is "best practice" post, don't expect advice to every situation. You probably still play on lowest elo, so every game sucks when people just learn to play. No wonder you hate it. Too dumb to learn.
I'll thank you not to make baseless and irrelevant assumptions based on my negative criticism of LoL.

All forms of criticism are constructive, if I really didn't think LoL had room to improve or was worth anyone's time I wouldn't post.

I hate this game because I'm in favor of more balanced game play that I perceive Riot thus far being unable to deliver. It isn't because I'm 'too dumb to learn,' more that I have learned this game and I perceive it as lacking in depth and strategy.

MBirk

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilitu View Post
Towers deny creeps. No matter what people say letting your creeps be pushed back to the tower is a bad idea. You need to push the lane by auto attacking creeps. L2hans2
Yes they do.
The op's figures are not quite correct. and anyone that insists they can last hit them all is just trying to inflate their ego, or playing one of the few champs that have special skills which allow it.

At level one, all champs have between 50-70 damage. They also have 1.2-1.6s cooldowns on their AA. Masteries, runes, and champ variables modify this.
Towers hit at about .7s cooldowns.
Melee minions do take 3 hits. But have 100hp after the first 2. No champ can do 100hp damage with 1 hit at level 1-3. The minion has to have taken damage from another source. Either a previous hit, a minion or a skill.

Same applies for ranged minions. two tower hits kills them, but 1 hit leaves them with more then any champ can do with 1 hit.
You need to soften them with an aoe, or a previous hit, or minion.

An aoe like morg or nasus does this very well of course. But then you are left with a tower that is attacking much faster then you are. So again, you'll need to have a skill which you can spam to AA last hit one, then skill one(or2). Or it will burn through the minions much faster then you can.