{Guide} Ezreal: Monster Damage With Great Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indophal View Post
This thread should not have gone on this long without a clear answer about sheen triforce and lichbane. Sheen and triforce add a modified value of your base damage (despite what it says on the character screen, this is no more than starting damage plus damage gained per level), and this bonus damage is pretty much static by level. Lichbane has the potential to greatly exceed the amount of damage done by sheen/triforce because it scales off of a stat you can build. .
You can build attack though as well, and as you seen from my previous post, you can stack damage items and deal more damage then lichbane, for less attack...

However, Lichbane is, and always will be, a better item for casters in general, while trinity works great for his hybrid Ezreal build...

And if its not, then explain to me this, why was I hitting for 151 on a caster minion, and when I procced Trinity (using Spirit Fire AWAY from the creeps), I hit for 260... I'm willing to go through another 30 minutes and get this again if I must... but I'd prefer to save time (I want to make people better players, and I KNOW base attack is raised with items, I'm hoping a red post will come in here, shut me up, and set us all straight on this, but I'm certain I got my ducks in a row)

Fingertips

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
You can build attack though as well, and as you seen from my previous post, you can stack damage items and deal more damage then lichbane, for less attack...

However, Lichbane is, and always will be, a better item for casters in general, while trinity works great for his hybrid Ezreal build...

And if its not, then explain to me this, why was I hitting for 151 on a caster minion, and when I procced Trinity (using Spirit Fire AWAY from the creeps), I hit for 260... I'm willing to go through another 30 minutes and get this again if I must... but I'd prefer to save time (I want to make people better players, and I KNOW base attack is raised with items, I'm hoping a red post will come in here, shut me up, and tell you guys otherwise)
Read my post and try what I said. Get longsword and sheen at level 1 and attack a caster minion with sheen proc. You should get 143 damage. If not get back to me with a Screen shot.

Fingertips

06-01-2010

Quote:

And if its not, then explain to me this, why was I hitting for 151 on a caster minion, and when I procced Trinity (using Spirit Fire AWAY from the creeps), I hit for 260... I'm willing to go through another 30 minutes and get this again if I must... but I'd prefer to save time (I want to make people better players, and I KNOW base attack is raised with items, I'm hoping a red post will come in here, shut me up, and set us all straight on this, but I'm certain I got my ducks in a row)
I just did a test with a level 4 ashe on TT practice with a longsword and sheen. Her base damage is 54 and 10 attack damage from longsword = 64 attack damage. My sheen proc should be 64 + 54*.8 = 107.3. If the "base" is counting the longsword, the damage would be 64 + 64*.8 = 115 damage. I hit a caster minion for 108; therefore, proving my original statement about sheen and trinity force mechanics. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Lichbane is MUCH, MUCH better than trinity force. Please feel free to test for yourself my friend.

Please Important!

keep the thread on topic from now on and please discuss my build. I have proven Lichbane>trinity force in my build, so please feel free to give criticism or advice on the build. This is not a thread for discussing trinity mechanics. Concrete results show that trinity force uses the *base* damage not attack damage including items. Since TF doesn't scale with Attack damage from items, Lichbane is much more cost efficient and exceedingly better, a difference of 70 damage proven from an earlier post.

DayInTheSun

06-01-2010

Hybrid Ezreal has always been an interesting concept and it is more tempting to do so now with the new item in place, but I have found that he never hits as hard if he goes full AP or AD. Also most of those items are fairly expensive, which would probably render you pretty ineffective during mid game unless you get fed a couple of kills. I'm going to try this out though, and hope that I'm proven wrong. As I said earlier, hybrid Ezreal has always been of interest to me, but I have just never found it to be effective.

Edit: I hope the account that you posted this on is a smurf.... I see no Ezreal played under Ionized Particle and you're only level 10.

Craixis

06-01-2010

... Well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong...
Odd, seemed on Nasus that it deals double damage (maybe too much Siphoning Strike getting in my head), though it is kind've odd, having the stat "base damage" and going off of something else...
Though that might just be a bug in the HUD, but who knows, maybe they're just out to get me (Paranoya!)
Might need to point this out in the HuD forums then, as I stand corrected, go with Lich Bane then...
Funny, I was testing with Tristana too... except I went as far as to buy Trinity Force because it had different wording XD (Sheen goes off Base Damage, while Trinity is going off "base Attack Damage", well, was worth a shot to see if there was a difference)

Fingertips

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayInTheSun View Post
Hybrid Ezreal has always been an interesting concept and it is more tempting to do so now with the new item in place, but I have found that he never hits as hard if he goes full AP or AD. Also most of those items are fairly expensive, which would probably render you pretty ineffective during mid game unless you get fed a couple of kills. I'm going to try this out though, and hope that I'm proven wrong. As I said earlier, hybrid Ezreal has always been of interest to me, but I have just never found it to be effective.

Edit: I hope the account that you posted this on is a smurf.... I see no Ezreal played under Ionized Particle and you're only level 10.
Yes this is a smurf account. My real account is Stereotypes, I am about 800 kills 500 deaths with Ez, not sure on exact stats. Anyway, the great thing about this build is it's AMAZING mid game. Simply Amazing. With Ap, you have around 250-260 mid game, with this build I'm rocking around 140, with 140 AD. At about 25 minutes in, you should have Catalyst, Sorc Shoes, sheen, pick axe and revolver. I always get pick axe first. This is your first 6k gold. You are definitely not weak mid game with these items. The complete item set, not counting the 6th item slot, is 12, 800 gold, which is easily doable in a 45 minute game.

If you're having difficulty, I level my abilities as Q>E>Q>W>Q>R
R>Q>W>E

Remember, it's extremely important to use ARMOR PENETRATION runes to maximize your mystic shot damage.

Fingertips

06-01-2010

Quote:
... Well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong...
Odd, seemed on Nasus that it deals double damage (maybe too much Siphoning Strike getting in my head), though it is kind've odd, having the stat "base damage" and going off of something else...
Though that might just be a bug in the HUD, but who knows, maybe they're just out to get me (Paranoya!)
Might need to point this out in the HuD forums then, as I stand corrected, go with Lich Bane then...
Funny, I was testing with Tristana too... except I went as far as to buy Trinity Force because it had different wording XD (Sheen goes off Base Damage, while Trinity is going off "base Attack Damage", well, was worth a shot to see if there was a difference)
I'm glad we finally agree. Try out my build if you enjoy Ezreal. The build is quite effective and SO MUCH FUN. I feel with a hybrid build you don't lose out on your abilities while sill maintaining an amazing carry presence. The play style is much different also. You NEED 5 stacks of your passive before attacking. I usually combo with Auto attack - flash to them and hit with missle, followed by Q>W>auto attack >ignite>auto attack. This usually kills any squishy. With the slow on gunblade you can easily make quick work chasing, Auto attack >mystic Shot >essence flux > Teleport and activate gunblade's active> autoattack >mystic shot. Remember the slow is 50%!!! That's a killer slow!!

BiGfReAk1337

06-02-2010

I think a hybrid Ez is weaker than AD or AP only. I prefer AP over AD because his heal spell and ulti heal more/do more dmg with ap only.
But the new hybrid op item is pretty interesting so my new item build is like

mejais
boots (the one with magic pen)
rod of ages
lich bane
new op hybrid item
zhonyas ring

Fingertips

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGfReAk1337 View Post
I think a hybrid Ez is weaker than AD or AP only. I prefer AP over AD because his heal spell and ulti heal more/do more dmg with ap only.
But the new hybrid op item is pretty interesting so my new item build is like

mejais
boots (the one with magic pen)
rod of ages
lich bane
new op hybrid item
zhonyas ring
I like the build, but unless you get fed early enough, your build will be lacking mid game because you are relying on snowball items. This build you mention is exactly how I play AP ezreal, except I usually get Void staff instead of Zhonya's Ring. My problem with Ap Ezreal, is that most people use Magic penetration, relying on his Essence flux for damage. If you use Armor Penetration runes, however, it may help out more late game because otherwise your mystic shot won't hit for jack.