Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Elo Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhenomType

09-20-2011

Quote:
Futonlol:
I think the only other way they could have done it was wipe all games played this season and pretend they didn't happen. And then you'd still have people mad. Lose lose for riot.

they could have wiped all the total games played, implemented the elo fluctuations when they opened the servers up when season 1 ended.

instead now they patched like a week and half after, and only wiped the games played in season 1, but not the ones after the elo reset / before patch.

so it screwed alot of players up who played ranked games during the non-fluctuated elo period.

StimmedUp

09-20-2011

Bump for justice, seriously Riot, this is dumb and is punishing players for no reason other than that they played on your trash system before you "fixed" it.

T0MMY

09-20-2011

i noticed this today playing ranked... kinda weird

Goecia

09-20-2011

ok... they raise all elos by 15, now im gaining 12/13 instead of 40 elo...

Hmmm...

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO LOGIC! D:

Resound

09-20-2011

Quote:
PhenomType:
your match history is brilliant
0:4 fid
5:6 fid
1:10 fid
3:16 fid

just go practice how to play this game and stop trolling on forum lol

i laffd

Elite Midget

09-20-2011

Yeah. I feel like I shouldd have waited before starting ranked because the win/loss wasen't wiped.

PhenomType

09-20-2011

Quote:
goecia:
ok... they raise all elos by 15, now im gaining 12/13 instead of 40 elo...

Hmmm...

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO LOGIC! D:

they gave every players who played at least 10 ranked games in season 1 , free 15 elo.
that isnt the problem, this is good stuff

BUT

when Riot starts giving some base of the players the full +40 elo per wins starting from their beginning couple games AFTER THE PATCH

because they decided to wipe the total games played EXCEPT the ones played after the elo reset upto the patch time

players like me and many others are only gaining +20 elo now
because it didnt reset the games we played before this new fix of theirs.

Godsend

09-20-2011

I agree, I made a thread about it earlier.

Goecia

09-20-2011

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Yeah. I feel like I shouldd have waited before starting ranked because the win/loss wasen't wiped.

You shouldn't, thats the point, Riot maybe messed up that.

I can't understand the logic behind that, could some1 smarter explain please?, cause I can't figure it out

Purutzil

09-20-2011

I'm unranked right now, I got trolled by this rank shift. Sure I got smacked a few losses early (which i got above easily today, Duo-queue with decent friend fteasy win, dunno why I don't just do it to get free ranks) but my poor friend sits at 1 loss and 3 wins, and yet he is rated as unranked after being about 1200 to start? Logic fail?