@riot Math

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I shatterstar I

09-20-2011

Currently the 3v3 premade ladder has the following:

#8 rbg ender 7wins 2losses 1503 elo

#10 rognon 7wins 0losses 1475 elo

#12 invisiblesparta 8 wins 0 losses 1465 elo

Can someone at riot please explain exactly what makes the difference here because I was under the impression it was mostly wins & losses. What else is being factored in?

*Please note that this question is for Riot, not for the urban legends of what someone's brother's friend heard devs say at a conference this one time.

Thank you

ThalionTheWicked

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2011

I believe ELO also takes into account how well you did on the team... I received 43 elo for a game I went 17-2-11 in...

Kitemare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I like how if u win a game and the lose the next the first win doesnt matter....
SO COOOL. waste of almost two hours. Good job riot....

corvines

09-23-2011

Most ELO takes into account on if your team is favored or not, the higher you're favored the lower amount of ELO gain you can get. While if your team is not favored to win you can potentially see a far greater gain in ELO points if you do win.

Amatzikahni

09-23-2011

To clarify about the odds of winning (your Elo combined in some way with your team's average Elo vs enemy team average Elo), if you're 0 and your friend is 2000 and you duo queue into a ~1700 game and win, you're probably going to be gaining a large rating despite your average rating per game. If you have very few games played, it's possible to see more than +60; if you've had over 200 games, it's possible to see +15 or more (when the averages are around +30 and +7 respectively).