Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Lee Sin is NOT overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pantsukun

09-20-2011

He's not that heavily reliant on Q. It's not too hard to W a minion/ally to set up a nearly impossible to miss shot.

Enemy in minions? W+E, follow with Q.
Enemy out of minions? Q+E.

Can even use Q on a minion to get into good position for attacks.

Seoo

09-20-2011

in team fights its hard to land a Q on a carry, late game lee sin does very minimal damage with warmog atmas

hes only good at gankling and early game.. and even shaco is better then him at ganking/early

GlyphTsen

09-20-2011

No champion should be overpowered to another champion, regardless of skill required.

Have more versatility? Sure. More utility? Why not.

More overall power? No. To a degree, versatility and utility lend themselves to power, and thus need to also be factored in somewhat, but overall, there should never be a champion that is flat out better than all others if you are "good enough" whether that champion is easy to play or not.

Likewise, simple champions should not be less powerful, but by their very nature should (and generally do) have less versatility or utility.

David19

Recruiter

09-20-2011

His damage output is to high for the sheer amount of utility he has. When will you learn its his ult that can change a teamfight or his E that cripples most AD bruisers+Carrys is whats really broken about him.

Zeus

09-20-2011

Main point 1

You're missing the fact that he has an aoe slow that makes them extremely slow. It's rare to see anyone even miss that. Also, his Q damage early game is a lot more then ezreal's,blitzcrank, and brand and allows him to follow up for a continuation of another Q or E.

Once he is at level 3 he has three skills that makes him one of the best gankers in the jungle.

Q that does insane damage - close up
W another close up
e- a super slow that makes sure he does not miss his skill shot.

Main point 2:

High tactical skills? I believe it takes one game to realize how to effectively use your skills. -_- Not even going to there.

Main point 3:

Uh, everyone ultimate requires some sort of thinking with trade-offs, not just lee sin. I fail to see how this justify his power that surpass and jungler or ad caster.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
Pizza Soldier:
being hard to use is not an excuse to be super strong

see annie compared to ezreal

Then why has Cassiopeia not been nerfed into the ground?

I mean, only a handful of players play her well, but that handful is gamebreakingly OP, obviously they shouldn't be rewarded for learning a hard to play character right?

I'm sorry, I can't agree with this, I'm getting sick of seeing hard to play characters with gratifying rewards be nerfed into the ground so that faceroll easy champions that everyone can play and be amazing with dominate the game. If a high skill character is more game changing than an easy one when played correctly, then it's working as intended.

LethalityVoX

09-20-2011

1. Having a high skill cap isn't an all clear to be OP.

2. Sorry, Lee doesn't take that much skill.

DotEleven

Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
Pizza Soldier:
being hard to use is not an excuse to be super strong

see annie compared to ezreal

Actually, there was a thread about whether or not higher skill champs should be stronger and most people agreed that they should.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
Bluetooth80291:
Actually, there was a thread about whether or not higher skill champs should be stronger and most people agreed that they should.

That's because it's common sense that they should.

darkjak

09-20-2011

Sorry but the fact he can jump to anything does not make him heavily reliant on a hit or miss