Blue Buff dependant casters in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellig

09-20-2011

Quote:
That is correct, good sir. The mana regen bonus is 100%
Well there you go! you can spam away your walls and snow globes to your hearts content.

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellig View Post
Well there you go! you can spam away your walls and snow globes to your hearts content.
Combine it with a Chalice, and you have essentially become Veigar!

Dragull

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0 View Post
Solution:

Save your mana. Use it when its necessary.

In dominion you'll not be harassing your enemy in a lane over and over again, so... you should be fine, because your mana will be used when you're actually planing on engage. If not, you're doing it wrong probably.
Yeah because all Anivia players don't do that, everyone just likes to ult around because the animation is awesome.

Anivia and Kassadin have HUGE, HUUUUUUGE mana issues that should be look upon.

Dragull

09-20-2011

Quote:
2. Chalice. Yes, you said you really don't like it, but it will be MUCH, MUCH more powerful in Dominion. Why? Brack, the red, posted that the global Dominion buff (+100% mana regen) and the Chalice buff (+1% mana regen per 1% missing) are completely unrelated, therefore, they do stack. Meaning, if you are OOM, you regenerate mana at a rate of 400% normal - which, I don't remember Anivia's costs exactly, but that means the costs of Anivia's spells are hardly as costly in Dominion. Trust me, it is an item I plan on going for Dominion, and people knows Zilean is one of the biggest mana *****s in the game along side Anivia.
Chalice is bad item. Why? Because he increases the mana regen based on a %. This means he is stronger when you have already a lot of mana regen. But if you have mana regen, you don't need the chalice...

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull View Post
Chalice is bad item. Why? Because he increases the mana regen based on a %. This means he is stronger when you have already a lot of mana regen. But if you have mana regen, you don't need the chalice...
You don't need a lot of mana regen, though. What if you only have a moderate amount? The chalice works perfectly. Even, if you normally only have say 30 MP5 (not exactly sure how much, but let's say about that much), he'll have 60 MP5 with the aura, and assuming Anivia has about 50% of her mana at a given time, that means 90MP5, or 18 mana per second. If he is truly having mana issues with Anivia, how is sitting on average at 18 MPS a bad thing?

HayzeMalice

09-20-2011

[QUOTE=jokull;14686322]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Most Anivias I know aren't too blue buff dependant, but let me throw a few possible ideas around to help you out: QUOTE]

sorry to cut it down, but this was the part i wanted to talk about. what kind of anivia isnt blue buff dependent? have you ever seen a high elo anivia played that didnt take blue at every opportunity? she is one of the most important people in the game to have blue buff on if shes on your team, and denying an enemy anivia blue hurts her damage output and utility massively. sure she wont be mana dependent on dominion, but on sr she lives for that blue
Again we are talking about dominion not SR...

Also... 2 v 1 Anivia dies the end... lol

Cymril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Good points everyone.

I didn't know about the global double mana regen. I've been following Dominion for a while now and knew about everything else, don't know how I didn't see it. Like I said in my first post, I was pretty sure it would be a non-issue, that someone at some point in the testing would have realized it and fixed it.

Double regen will go a long way and keep high mana users in the field much longer.

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymril View Post
Good points everyone.

I didn't know about the global double mana regen. I've been following Dominion for a while now and knew about everything else, don't know how I didn't see it. Like I said in my first post, I was pretty sure it would be a non-issue, that someone at some point in the testing would have realized it and fixed it.

Double regen will go a long way and keep high mana users in the field much longer.
Agreed. Still, as Zilean, I am contemplating either a TotG opening or a Chalice opening on Dominion, since with how often fights will be breaking out, once his bombs hit 130 mana per bomb, I'll need any mana I can get so I can be as powerful as needed.

jokull

09-20-2011

[QUOTE=HayzeMalice;14689028]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post

Again we are talking about dominion not SR...

Also... 2 v 1 Anivia dies the end... lol
yeah i know we're talking about dom, but saying anything about blue buff means we have to talk about sr, since its the only one of the 3 maps with blue buff....

edit: wow no idea whats up with my quote formatting today

Gryffyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

%100 mana regen huh? Swain, Ol' buddy ol' pal....Tear+Boots and the pain begins. Also, Extra magic pen! Woot!