Blue Buff dependant casters in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cymril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Let's get some actual discussion going here in between all the threads QQing about a release date.

A little while back I unlocked Anivia and because I haven't had as much free time to get in a game on SR, I've been using her on Twisted Treeline a lot (her wall is great in the narrow jungles, actually). The one issue I find my is that she runs out of mana so ungodly fast, and I only have enough mana to engage in one or two fights effectively before running dry and needing to return to base or be forced to use a spell with no followup, when the next fight that breaks out 30 seconds later.

Because games of TT are a lot shorter, some of the more common ways to fix this aren't exactly worth it because you won't see full returns on the items until the game's nearly over. Although items like the Chalice are helpful, it's really only effective once you've built up some mp/5 for it to enhance. which means half of your items are taken up just resolving your mana issues. This goes beyond just the lack of Blue Buff on the map. Because TT is a much more compact map, with the lanes a lot closer together, team fights are much more common and happen a lot sooner. This means there's much less time to regen a bit of mana between them, and situations where you need to expend it are much more common.

With Dominion's focus on team fights from the get-go and often, I worry this will come an issue for the more mana hungry champions. I know the health shrines also recover mana, but it can't be more then a few hundred at most. Of course, I haven't actually ~played~ dominion, and I'm sure this has occurred to someone working on it, and maybe the increased starting gold/per 10 on the map mean you can get up to the Legendary items that provide other bonuses on top of mp/5 much quicker without having to make sacrifices to your ability to do your job and burst people down.

tl;dr: Will the frequency of large fights in Dominion adversely affect mana hungry champions, especially given that there are no ways to recover significant amounts of mana in the field outside of itemization, which could affect your final build - sacrificing AP, survivability, or both?

Discuss.

HayzeMalice

09-20-2011

Well I see your point... Tho I try not to Rely on the Buffs

I use to be a AP TF... and he can do some massive dmg that way... but,

TF runs outta mana ap even with his Blue card(which takes away from his Red/yellow combos)

So I started Grabbing Blue Golem around lvl 10 and really putting out the dmg, But... It takes time outta my lane and also leaves my teammates vulnerable not having my CC.

I have devised a way to make myself Less Dependant on the Buff Golems n such.

So I Gave Tier 3 Atk spd to my Seals, Armor pen on Marks, and Health/armor on my Glyphs

With atk Masteries I pwn AD as my Basic... until my AP comes around later lvls.

Also with other champs such as Udyr/WW junglers Who r supposedly gonna be inadequate for Dominion, Why do you think Junglers were made ?

They put out lots of Dmg from getgo... so... send ur jungle in dominion up for a gank U take most dmg Fein atk... and let/help ur jungle clean up the mess...

Also the Tier 3 Energy Runes r nice

rest0

09-20-2011

Solution:

Save your mana. Use it when its necessary.

In dominion you'll not be harassing your enemy in a lane over and over again, so... you should be fine, because your mana will be used when you're actually planing on engage. If not, you're doing it wrong probably.

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

They said there will be a global mana regen gain.

So much that apparently getting mana regen items is pointless.

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Most Anivias I know aren't too blue buff dependant, but let me throw a few possible ideas around to help you out:

1. Clarity. It is likely to come back due to the fact Flash is hardly required in Dominion because there is no point in trying to escape if it is going to cost you a point. Certain people might want Flash, but mostly those are tanks. Know it is a bandaid, but it helps, a lot.

2. Chalice. Yes, you said you really don't like it, but it will be MUCH, MUCH more powerful in Dominion. Why? Brack, the red, posted that the global Dominion buff (+100% mana regen) and the Chalice buff (+1% mana regen per 1% missing) are completely unrelated, therefore, they do stack. Meaning, if you are OOM, you regenerate mana at a rate of 400% normal - which, I don't remember Anivia's costs exactly, but that means the costs of Anivia's spells are hardly as costly in Dominion. Trust me, it is an item I plan on going for Dominion, and people knows Zilean is one of the biggest mana *****s in the game along side Anivia.

3. Ignore it. Why I say ignore it? You can also get a Tear of the Goddess immediately, something I find common among Anivias (I don't play her regularly, I just know how to). Since you will likely go to the Windmill opening fight, you'll get plenty of spell casts, and while you might not max it out by the game end, the fact you can start with a Tear and boots, just forget about the problem.

So, hope that helps.

jokull

09-20-2011

also, you can buy a tear the second you get in game and build it up by spamming hard in the base when you still have regen. you can get a good extra 50-100 starting mana that way, and still be able to buy boots which are totally necessary

jokull

09-20-2011

[QUOTE=Shini Laser;14686145]Most Anivias I know aren't too blue buff dependant, but let me throw a few possible ideas around to help you out: QUOTE]

sorry to cut it down, but this was the part i wanted to talk about. what kind of anivia isnt blue buff dependent? have you ever seen a high elo anivia played that didnt take blue at every opportunity? she is one of the most important people in the game to have blue buff on if shes on your team, and denying an enemy anivia blue hurts her damage output and utility massively. sure she wont be mana dependent on dominion, but on sr she lives for that blue

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
sorry to cut it down, but this was the part i wanted to talk about. what kind of anivia isnt blue buff dependent? have you ever seen a high elo anivia played that didnt take blue at every opportunity? she is one of the most important people in the game to have blue buff on if shes on your team, and denying an enemy anivia blue hurts her damage output and utility massively. sure she wont be mana dependent on dominion, but on sr she lives for that blue
I said most Anivias I know. Most of them only use their ult during a fight and other things. While they will grab blue when they can, they make the correct assumption that they can't have blue buff 100% of the time (they are lucky if they have it more than 50%), and ultimately play very, very conservatively when they don't have blue buff. I mean, hell, that is saying Zilean is blue buff dependent since he is high on the hierarchy for the buff.

BTW, heard of an edit, since you are in a mood to critique?

Hellig

09-20-2011

They've added a higher mana regen rate.

these are the global buffs they've added to all champs while playing on the crystal scar.

"15% armor penetration.
5% magic penetration.
20% healing reduction. (this stacks additively with other healing reduction effects)
mana regeneration bonus.
A fixed experience gain over time."

This is taken from lolwiki so it may or may not be right.

Shini Laser

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellig View Post
They've added a higher mana regen rate.

"15% armor penetration.
5% magic penetration.
20% healing reduction. (this stacks additively with other healing reduction effects)
mana regeneration bonus.
A fixed experience gain over time."

This is taken from lolwiki so it may or may not be right.
That is correct, good sir. The mana regen bonus is 100%.