Support Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanamelk View Post
He does help with all his slows and speed up(and that annoying ultimate skill)

I see him more as a pusher though with his bomb spams
Yeah, but his bomb spams work better when you have a melee attacker at the front acting as the meatshield rather than Zilean himself taking the hits.

Sy Lanamelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

True enough. I haven't played Zilean a lot so I can't say much on him to help out for now

Rakava

06-02-2010

Wow...thanks everyone for the input. I guess I was really looking to find out if the non-healing support (Morgana, Zilean, etc) is just as valuable as the the more traditional support styles (Soraka / Taric). And it sounds like a resounding yes

Zilean, Taric, and Soraka are definitely topping my list so far. But, I would like to give Janna and Gargas a try at some point before I decide which one(s) to focus on primarily.

Thanks again!

Fendral

06-03-2010

You will be surprised to find that you can play almost any hero as support, it really depends on how you move within the game and the items you build. You can make heroes have a lot of AP for amazing damage, or conversely with lots of attack damage. Or you can make a hero have really low spell cooldowns as well as additional affects. There is nothing wrong with going support, but remember, if you're going to be a support hero you must make sure that your team can utilize that support. Otherwise, the support you'll be affording will be wasted and you'll essentially be a man down instead of .5 of a man up =)

Think about using items like Soul Shroud, Rylai's, Aegis of the Legion, Ancients Will, Starks fervor, and the Hextech Gunblade. When used properly, you may be able to net your team kills, keep your team in the battle for longer, or give your team a nice boost in fighting ability. Remember, it's not so much what hero you have, so much as how you intend on using your hero.