@Riot Team Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaiden

09-19-2011

Riot,

I know this will likely be buried, but I got this idea from Chaox during his rant on what's wrong with the elo system. Is there any way we can implement one of the ideas to have an ELO specifically for your team? Starcraft has ratings that can be independent for each team you play with, why not League? This would really help the competitive scene and encourage people to play with a team rather than solo queue.

Thanks,
Slaiden

KarmaStinks

09-20-2011

Bump.

Slaiden

09-20-2011

Bump again.

spadetheace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Super bump.

Slaiden

09-20-2011

Thanks spade.

Slaiden

09-21-2011

Well, like 3 posts in this forum category got posted on by reds.. i guess we got passed up.

Soobydoo

09-21-2011

That sounds good but, why not just make it so someone could re-take their placement matches like you can do in SCII or arenas in wow. Just make it cost something, so people are not doing it over and over (like 2000ip or 250 rp would hold people up) the point of this is... to let people have a chance to prove themselves that they have gotten better and can rank into it and not try to crawl out of elo hell.

Slaiden

09-21-2011

I think you missed the point of the post Sooby. I'm saying you should have 1 elo for a 5-man team. Like, you would all share the same team 5's elo so they could rate teams and not individuals. That way, the ladder would show Team CLG in first place, Solomid in second, etc, rather than individuals.

Slaiden

09-21-2011

At any rate, what do other players think of this idea? With all the focus on the competitive scene of LoL, you would think Riot would want a system to continuously rate those top teams.

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

they won't fix elo ever. the only reason people think they might is because finally all the kids who were lucky enough to get out of ELO hell the first time fell right back into it and can't get out, which i think is hysterical. it's been broken since it came out, so has the AFK in champ select b.s. so good luck with all that lol