IronStylus deviantART Gallery

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroExodus

09-20-2011

A lot of cool stuff dude!

Jorick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Wow, cool stuff IronStylus. I was one of the many wondering about finished pieces of your work, and this doesn't disappoint.

Also, I'm super jealous of your artistic talent (and that of anyone else that excels at drawing and the like for that matter). I can barely draw properly proportioned stick figures. >_>

Thamu

09-20-2011

Love your landscape work. Fav'd!

rumples

09-20-2011

I'm a sucker for sci-fi art

Mokomii

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythist View Post
any suggestions for ways to get started drawing/improve a beginner's technique, (art books, etc), been told I have a good grasp of perspective and scale but as far as actual drawing skills go I'm very much a beginner
I can't remember what it's called but i have the "disease" that if you cover your chin/ears/head i wouldn't be able to tell who you are. Took me some physiology classes to find about the details needed for most people to understand the things you draw.

also draw draw draw. you only get better with practice. i should REALLY show you my first book.

A big thing that helped me
I also have a lack of motivation. then with a few friends we started doing a pretty lame comic book (also got some writing skills involved) near the end of it I was a lot better at drawing.
other people couldn't really tell the difference but holycrap I can really point out my flaws.

(webcomics you can tell changed over time)
http://pd.milkinthepantry.com/?strip_id=1

i couldn't find an older version of emergency exit. among many others.

GangsterJawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

Hydra and Dragonia were amazing. You should give some art direction should you guys ever do a new map. Although I'm sure you did that already.

Irongrinder

09-20-2011

Cool beans.

Kalamadorel

09-20-2011

Riot hire this man.

Grawl

09-20-2011

Nice gallery Iron. I was really impressed by the variety of your art, mechanical, scenery and nature.

My 2 favorites are Hydra for the colors used in that picture and the Winter Battlefield for just being plain awesome I guess. Really looks like a finished painting, not a concept O.o

Rahgar

09-20-2011

I love your art Stylus, but how does a person who does mainly sci-fi artwork get hooked up with a company who makes a fantasy game?

It's like a cool paradox.