So Orianna is harder to play than other AP carries but only about as good as them now

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NAMELESSLlBERTY

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosantos View Post
My understanding is that Cass isn't hard to hit with, so much as super-duper dependant on very good positioning to continue to deal damage/land ults, and not die.
Like any other mage/ranged carry? LOL

RexSaur

09-19-2011

All harder to play champs should be ''sightly'' OP.Blitzcrank for example,is in the perfect place harder to play champs should be,even through most could admit hes a bit OP,he's a very high risk-high reward champ that takes lots of time to master and is VERY rewarding.

I mean,if you put effort into playing and mastering a champ,then when you finally ''done it'' you realize the champ is just strong as a first day annie player(ezreal is a great example compared to other easier AD carries).

Yes,harder to play champs do need some power,its just pointless having harder to play champs the exact same reward as easier ones,however thats not excuse for making then insanely OP or anything of course.

ObscureClockwork

09-19-2011

riot has stated (i think) that the harder champs are allowed a high w/l ration margin, but im not so sure

Enemy Crabgot

09-19-2011

She has options, versatility and is unique. That does not translate to difficulty.

gonna get downvoted by Orianna players that want an excuse to not do well with her

ObscureClockwork

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy Crabgot View Post
She has options, versatility and is unique. That does not translate to difficulty.

gonna get downvoted by Orianna players that want an excuse to not do well with her
so who do you think is difficult comparatively to other champs?

uniqueness means you have to learn extra
versatility means you have to learn how to use it

her difficulty stems from positioning though, as she can only change the spell casing location every few seconds

thats why we max out Q first

FROIDBUSTER

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemptingPanties View Post
Because placing a ball somewhere in a radius is considered hard
Compared to how mind numbingly easy most champion kits are, yes.

The Kids are Mad

09-19-2011

Ezreal didn't really have anything special other than a flash and ability to proc on his Q. Orianna is a bit more difficult to compare since she has heavy support abilities.

smilefase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

I can't understand why people think orianna is difficult to play. Harass with ball, if you get harassed back do shield and auto attack for crazy amounts of damage. Rinse and repeat. That's right I said it.

ObscureClockwork

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilefase View Post
I can't understand why people think orianna is difficult to play. Harass with ball, if you get harassed back do shield and auto attack for crazy amounts of damage. Rinse and repeat. That's right I said it.
because if you only do that, you are a baddie orianna

Fredmonroe

09-19-2011

Hrm I haven't seen her played enough to tell - but maybe that in itself is reasoning?

One thing is for sure though, she was definitely overpowered before so even if the she was overnerfed and due for a buff (which once again I don't know) it is better to over nerf a champion then have some sort of still godlike champion running around (remember recently how long it took riot to fix udyr because of under nerfing for example.)

About the topic of "Higher skill cap champions should be better," there are a few problems with this.

1) League of Legends simply does not have the arbitrary tech skill barriers that some games (mostly fighters) have, and therefore any pro would easily pick up one of the "higher skillcap champions," easily making only a few champions viable.

2) If a "noob" were to say master one of these high skill cap champs (probably for the reason stated in 1) they would be able to effectively pub-stomp which Riot has shown they do not want

3) How does one even quantify "Skill?" Personally I find champions with skillshots already have advantages in the lane over say single target short range champions due to spacing. The person with the shorter range targetted spells would need more "skill," to close the gap than the supposedly more "difficult," Skill shot champion.

Hopefully this made sense.

1234567 ... 8