Katarina -- fun times had by all

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tychii

09-18-2009

i just wanted to say good job to riot for making an very fun hero to play
she is entirely cooldown based with no costs for her spells in any way
her blink strike is pretty insane and scales very very well at 1:1 however her other skills dont really scale at all other then her ult which is at .15 i think

but overall she is just really entertaining to play as, a fast character that can move around quickly and nuke and attack pretty hard shes just over all really fun

balancing wise --
her damage scaling is quite good imo mainly because her cooldowns are so short, so she can really spam her spells on you and with a little bit of ap her blink strike starts to hit pretty damn hard.
her ult doesnt really scale well with ap however so once you get to lvl 16 you had better not let the game drag on because its usefulness will just reduce the longer the game lasts
she is pretty much designed for guisoos rage stick early game as it buffs both of her skills and with a phage and exhaust with blinkstrike she is definatly a big threat to squishies all game long

overall i really enjoy her playstyle and i think she is really well balanced and once people learn what she does and how, i think she will go from being considered op by some to being good team hero with lots of damage in team fights

was also wondering if anyone to clarify how her ult targets when there are more heros then it can hit in range -- does it auto target the closest toon? or just a random one
thanks
-Tychii

Piranha Petunia

09-18-2009

Her knife throw scales with her damage per strike. I only played one game with her and I wanted to make a high attack damage and attack speed char. Possibly even considering cooldown reduction to spam knife throw.

Tychii

09-18-2009

yea which is why getting guisoos ragestick thing is a great item on her
the .15 scaleing i was refering to was to her ult, after the guisoos i went for straight damage then armour pen with bloodthirster then last whisper and i was recking house with those plus a guinsoo and a frozen mallet --- her farming is really really good on this hero due to the short cooldowns on her spells but even with frozen mallet i was still squishy enough that i couldnt really towerdive very well and i ended the game 18-7-12 which isnt really amazing -- the hp nerfs will make people quite happy imo

Arafel

Friend of Urf

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychii View Post
yea which is why getting guisoos ragestick thing is a great item on her
That thing sucks. Doesn't stack properly half the time and it's easy for the enemy to run out the benefits of it in the 5 seconds its up after a hit.

Lollerman

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
That thing sucks. Doesn't stack properly half the time and it's easy for the enemy to run out the benefits of it in the 5 seconds its up after a hit.
So you Shunpo them, taking advantage of the added AP and damage while the buff is still there, and it kind of doesn't suck any more.

Not to mention it stacks.

Tychii

09-18-2009

and the straight bonus damage and ap you get from adding the items together to start -- and the fact that ap/damage items are great since only 1 exsists... i think the thing is pretty damn great

Hmmer94

09-18-2009

Here cd and damage are to high honestly... Playing with here is like having a kid go into a candy store and take watever he wants lol

Balance 1 of the 2, probably the first (cooldowns) and she is ready to go.
Here ulty doesnt synergies to well with here other skills, enemy can just walk away, should be perhaps + like twitch ulty.

Ofc this is Imo.

Tychii

09-18-2009

her ult has great synergy with her shipo -- and you cant just walk away from her if your playing smart
shipo/exhaust/ult -- watch the guy die 1v1 and in team fights with aoe stuns and the like wow she is going to be wild -- a few champ deaths and her ult is back up to shipo ult again
shes really fun as is but i dont think he damage is too high --- this is mainly balanced by her hp i do think that her cd's are kind short but that just adds to the flavor haha
gunna need more testing to get a definative idea of what she is capable of

Grumm

09-18-2009

I think that a AP build is best, after the 2 games i played with her.

Labarge

09-18-2009

I tried going an attack/attack speed build myself, but felt that it was lacking. I didn't get to test it out very much yet, but my initial impression was thus:

No mana pool to worry about means that there are very few good reasons NOT to use your QWE abilities every chance you get. I couldn't do it too well, but I'm willing to bet that if you become really good at judging her fights and using W+Q or W+E to the best of their abilities that she becomes MUCH more deadly.

She is extremely squishy. Without having something akin to a Bloodthirster and a nearby target to wail on she drops like a rock if she hadn't just used Shinpo. (Point being to use Shinpo every chance you get)

Attack Speed isn't all it's cracked up to be. If your target is going to stand there and let you build up your speed, it's because they feel that they can win the fight (or they're new, but that's not the point). If they start to run, you'll find yourself doing this terrible run -> hit -> run -> hit combo that completely nullifies the use of your attack speed. With a slowing item like Frozen Mallet it gets a little better, but the entire time I felt like my stacking Attack Speed had been wasted. In group fights friendly CC holding enemies for you makes it all a bit better, but the whole running thing really bugged me.

There are several WRONG times to use her ult. If the enemies are running and you're behind them, don't use it. If you hit any of them you're lucky. If you're being focussed on don't use it. If you have lifesteal your ult won't help you any, while your regular attacks will. You also need to be popping Shinpo every chance you get for the dodge, not standing there just taking hits. If you're about to die, don't use it. Again, Shinpo offers you much more survival potential. Her ult is basically a 1-3 person stationary AOE, think Fiddlestix but unable to move. Use it as such.

If Warwick is the king of the jungle, she just may be the queen. I wasn't able to give it a shot during my game, but her abilities combined with her stacking attack speed bonus made jungling seem plausible. Wasn't able to test this personally, but I'd be interested to see.

She is a tower killer. If you thought Master Yi was bad, stack this girl up with Attack/Attack Speed and watch her go to town with fully stacked attack speed on towers. She can't tank them herself, but leave her with a pack of her own and she'll knock it down all by herself.

She does NOT stack up attack speed against inhibitors. Probably so she doesn't destroy them like she does towers, but it was a bit jarring for me to go from knocking the tower down in about 5 seconds to an inhibitor that took 30.

Overall I like her a lot, and can't wait to try out an AP build and polish up the Attack/Attack Speed one. Balance-wise she seems to flip between extremes depending on CC and her use of Shinpo's dodge. Can't wait to see what she can do properly geared/played.