[Guide] Gangplank, The Scourge Of The Seven Seas (Carry DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Tibbers

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
if you read my guide pre-patch...you would notice i said its extremely powerful come level 8 or so >_>
I read the guide, I know it's very powerful early game. The whole point is, now people'll complain that it's too strong and get it uber nerfed. I've already seen people start pissed off threads about his early game crit. Some people wanted Parley's crit removed completely, and that would absolutely KILL Gangplank. All I want now is for him to be left alone. :/

Shillen

10-03-2009

I've been going meki pendant -> avarice blade -> berserker's greaves -> avarice blade -> avarice blade -> p-stone -> infinity edge -> sell avarice for trinity force -> sell avarice for phantom dancer. It's been working great for me. This champion is OP with the latest changes to his ultimate.

edit: You may think that trinity force is super expensive but with 3 avarice blades netting 15g/5s, the extra gold from killing with parley and my ability to kill a ton of creeps (due to the high crit rate) I'm amazed how fast I can get money with this character. I can easily finish my build by the 40-45 minute mark if the game isn't over. I've even replaced the third avarice blade before in a really long game.

Mr Tibbers

10-03-2009

Gangplank is not OP. Even if his ult is less random, or deals more, he's not OP. He's a jack-of-all-trades. He doesn't know where he wants to be, so he fits into most roles pretty well. But he'll only ever be "OK" in those roles. Well, any non-DPS role that is.

Btw, I suggest dropping an Avarice. Past two, you're not really making any profit, so just go straight for Infinity past that. Pstone should be first for Parley spam.

Shillen

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
Gangplank is not OP. Even if his ult is less random, or deals more, he's not OP. He's a jack-of-all-trades. He doesn't know where he wants to be, so he fits into most roles pretty well. But he'll only ever be "OK" in those roles. Well, any non-DPS role that is.

Btw, I suggest dropping an Avarice. Past two, you're not really making any profit, so just go straight for Infinity past that. Pstone should be first for Parley spam.
It doesn't matter if you make a profit off of it. You get the crit chance from it anyway. With only 2 avarice blades my crit rate is only like 30%, which is nowhere near enough. The third one gets you to like 45% which is a huge difference. I don't really have mana issues. If I get pstone earlier it's for the health regen if anything. If you're having mana issues it's probably because you're using cure scurvy too much/taking too much damage. Note: I make sure to go back and buy/heal every time teleport is up. Usually by the time I'm out of mana teleport is coming off cooldown.

Gangplank is OP if you can be on one side of the map and kill someone from full to zero on the other side of the map. It's not likely, but it does happen. Also, I've hit someone with parley and took them from full health to 10% health. That shouldn't happen, either. Gangplank may not be OP in the sense that he'll dominate the game and win it for you every time. But his abilities can be OP - they're way too random.

Mr Tibbers

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
It doesn't matter if you make a profit off of it. You get the crit chance from it anyway. With only 2 avarice blades my crit rate is only like 30%, which is nowhere near enough. The third one gets you to like 45% which is a huge difference. I don't really have mana issues. If I get pstone earlier it's for the health regen if anything. If you're having mana issues it's probably because you're using cure scurvy too much/taking too much damage. Note: I make sure to go back and buy/heal every time teleport is up. Usually by the time I'm out of mana teleport is coming off cooldown.

Gangplank is OP if you can be on one side of the map and kill someone from full to zero on the other side of the map. It's not likely, but it does happen. Also, I've hit someone with parley and took them from full health to 10% health. That shouldn't happen, either. Gangplank may not be OP in the sense that he'll dominate the game and win it for you every time. But his abilities can be OP - they're way too random.
...I don't like being talked down to about one of my best heroes. Not at all.

I know it's for the crit chance; however, past a certain point (two Avarices) you only delay Infinity. With two Avarices you can still get it at the normal time as if you just went straight for it. With three, it gets delayed.

My mana problems actually come from an overuse of Parley, not Remove Scurvy. I last hit everything in freaking sight. When it's up, I'm shooting.

The situation there, in which you said ult could kill someone from full? That's so unlikely it's not funny. They'd have to be retarded to stay in it that long. It didn't get that huge of a buff. I know how much Parley does. Read my guide. I know it hits for 5-6 hundred at level 4-5, and I know that with Infinity it hits at or over 1k.

Btw, nothing is OP in my books if they can't be counted on reliably. Hence, he's not OP. :/

Shillen

10-03-2009

I've seen people go from full health to zero just from running to the nearest possible exit from my ultimate. Sometimes it just hits them every single time and destroys them.

750 gold doesn't really delay you from a 4000 gold item. If you go infinity edge before the 3rd avarice blade you're delaying your crit chance way too long.

Mr Tibbers

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
I've seen people go from full health to zero just from running to the nearest possible exit from my ultimate. Sometimes it just hits them every single time and destroys them.

750 gold doesn't really delay you from a 4000 gold item. If you go infinity edge before the 3rd avarice blade you're delaying your crit chance way too long.
No, you're not. All you have to do is go Cape first. That's an even larger crit chance

AND, three of those 750 gold items stacks up to over half the cost of Infinity Edge. In other words, you're definitely delaying it. With a proper crit chance page, you don't need more. I get 20% from Runes and Masteries, and another 24% from two Avarices. After the critical chance piece of Infinity, that's a 62% chance to crit. Do you really need more than that? After infinity is finished that number is kicked up a bit more to 64%. How is that NOT enough? Especially after you start up PD and Executioner's. If you have a problem with your crit chance after those, then I don't know what to think.

criptix

10-04-2009

hi guys im a real fan of gp, but my build is normaly without this much avarice and p-stone.
imho i think u should not get more then max 2 avarice - i myself, always get as first item chalice of harmony + avarice.

actually i cant believe that u guys have no probs without mana on gp.
i'm playing him full harass + last hitting and really, mana is his biggest prob, thats why i go chalice and can parley, scurvy, ultimate 99,9% of time.

back to the avarice think, i know crit chance is pretty good, but dmg is pretty good and also important too.
u will have big problems vs good teams if u stack to much crit chance but have no real dmg output, so thats why u need to get crit chance, but also dmg!
the think is that u need the right mix, with my build i have without items 18% crit chance.
with 1 avarice i have 30%.
so what now? buy more avarice? no i would prefer u guys to buy 2 capes ( 18% crit chance) - u will have ~70% for 200 gold more in comparison to 2 avarice
and from the 2 caps u can build first infinite edge and then atmas or the (dunno its name, but i mean the 2 red crossing swords with as, crit, dodge)
but in the end u always need to watch ur enemys what they are doing and build a counter for them, so just dont always buy avarice because it stacks +gold and crit

greetz

Mr Tibbers

10-04-2009

Criptix, that was a very hard to understand post. I'm going to go with a guess that you don't know English that well? Not to be mean or anything, that's just what I'm thinking.

First off, I agree with your view of Avarice. Only two, max. Damage stacking is useless past 300 damage on Gangplank now, though, with his Parley's debuff. Past that point, you're just ruining your potential and it becomes best to hit up items like Last Whisper or Stark's. Crit is very important on Gangplank though, so I don't see why you think it isn't. Even with just Infinity as your only damage item, you hit about 1k on Parley on crits and can hit at about 500-ish with crits pretty regularly with enough crit stacked up.

And no, Avarice should always be built. Watching your enemies is good for boots or something, but not for your own damage. There's really not too much deviation that you can do as GP and still be good; he's not a tank, so building to tank your opponents isn't smart. See what I mean? You don't see Annie's going DPS because their opponents are going magic resist. :/

criptix

10-04-2009

Quote:
Criptix, that was a very hard to understand post. I'm going to go with a guess that you don't know English that well? Not to be mean or anything, that's just what I'm thinking.
ah first sry for the hard understanding

Quote:
Damage stacking is useless past 300 damage on Gangplank now, though, with his Parley's debuff.
actually every +dmg for gp is good.
what u said about the past 300 dmg is just the comparison between the old and new parley, but not about the skill itself, every dmg point will maximize ur parley dmg.

Quote:
Past that point, you're just ruining your potential and it becomes best to hit up items like Last Whisper or Stark's. Crit is very important on Gangplank though, so I don't see why you think it isn't. Even with just Infinity as your only damage item, you hit about 1k on Parley on crits and can hit at about 500-ish with crits pretty regularly with enough crit stacked up.
i never said that crit chance is not important, i said the u need a good mix between crit chance and dmg.
i.e. u are late game, have 100% critchance but just a infinite edge, u will hardly kill someone because they will stack a lot of armor/hp.

Quote:
And no, Avarice should always be built. Watching your enemies is good for boots or something, but not for your own damage. There's really not too much deviation that you can do as GP and still be good; he's not a tank, so building to tank your opponents isn't smart. See what I mean? You don't see Annie's going DPS because their opponents are going magic resist. :/

i think i explained it pretty bad. but what i meant was the you should watch what enemys build, if they stack much armor ur parley wont do much dmg if u dont increase ur dmg and get armor pen. but armor pen doesnt work with parley i think.
yesterday got a match with rammus who got ~500 amor, and i believe the armor pen of last whisper didnt work with parley, just his normal attacks.

or if there is too much disable/magic u get banshee/magic resist and so on

1234567 ... 9