[Guide] Morgana, The Iron Angel (Support/Tank build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

02-07-2010

your welcome, i'm just glad people enjoy my guides still after so long xD

kookysooky

02-23-2010

I find that this guide is not useful at all, at least from my strategies with morgana.

Here's my build:

Summoner spells: Clarity, Ignite

Unlock tormented soil

Buy Mana Crystal
Mana Potion

Start farming with tormented soil; at level 2 unlock the snare, and if you are with friends you can begin killing people really early.

Once you have the money (while using the mana potion and clarity to have as much field time as possible), buy a tear of the gods, which will upgrade your mana capacity.

Here's where you can go 2 ways:
1. If you want to stack up and know you'll be getting killstreaks, buy mejai's soulstealer (You can get a tome of ability power first to build up to it and still get benefits)
2. Otherwise, buy boots of speed, you'll need them for running away (eventually upgrade to boots of swiftness for chasing down people)

Once you have gotten both of those items, buy a blasting wand or a tome of ability, because you'll eventually be upgrading to the crystal staff, which is amazing for slowdowns. Either that, or if you just want to destroy people, buy a staff of the void.

Strategies: Ganking people is really easy and I usually solo gank people.
Find someone and hide in the bushes. Then, cast your shield for protection, snare them, cast tormented soil, and cast soul shackle. Also cast ignite. If they try to run away, chase them, this is what the boots are for. If their teamates suck, your snare should charge up in time to finish him.

If their teamates are good, let him run away. Morgana is a sweeper, and if you try to chase them, your shield could run out and you will be vulnerable.

Once you have 20 stacks of soulstealer, as long as you cast black shield vigorously, you will own.

Beware: Early in the game black shield does not last long, and you will pretty much suck until around level 8 (because the items are what makes morgana good too).

Final item inventory:
Tear of the Goddess
Mejai's Soulstealer
Void Staff
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Boots of Swiftness
Zhonya's Ring (if you can't afford this, buy a blasting rod first)

SmecssRaege

02-23-2010

Yeah....that's an AP morgana, it's a completely different style, and personally when i play support champions, i'd rather play them AS supports (survivability to take hits for your team, since you KNOW people will be gunning for you, and -CDR, to put as much snares/shields out there as possible)

Different strokes for different folks, i've played AP a few times, have had fun with it, but i personally greatly enjoy the tank morgana (and im pretty sure at higher elo's, my style of tank morgana is the standard method of play =P ... or so i've been led to beleive)

Zohariel

03-03-2010

I've played a couple of games as Morgana just now, grabbing Mejai's in between Soul Shroud and Aegis. I figure with her awesome farming skills I can usually spare 1235 gold in the middle of the build, and because she's so tough she'll rarely ever lose stacks. Plus more AP is always nice.

But yeah, Morgana is a great champ. Shame my memories will forever be tainted of her performance in the beta, which was off the hook.

F4ith

04-08-2010

Hey guys, as you may know Riot has remade the item: Phantom Guise and they made it to give +hp &ap with hp leech! So, the question is whether it is useful on morgana or not?
Btw i rly enjoyed the guide and I think morgana is one of the best character ever!
Black Shield FTW

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-08-2010

You'll hardly notice the lifesteal. It might help laning a tiny bit.

Venihil

05-23-2010

Heya :]

I just started out playing a few days ago and saved up for Morgana. She's awesome and so is your guide. My only question regards runes once I'm level 30. The thing is I was thinking of using flat HP for the quint runes and HP/level on the yellow ones, but I'm not sure what to do with the rest.

The problem is when I add up the cooldown reduction from masteries, and items (in this case the Soul Shroud) it amounts to roughly 24%. I'm not sure what to do. Should I use my mastery points elsewhere and get the Frozen Heart as well as the Soul Shroud (25% + 15%)? Or...

Also, I'm not sure whether or not I'm making a smart choice in terms of yellow and quint, so I'd appreciate opinions on that as well :]. Basically, I'm really not sure on what to do with my runes. Thanks in advance for your opinions and sorry for ze long and complicated question xD.

EcoEco

05-23-2010

Nice guide for Support/Tank Morgana

I play her HP Tank/AP Morgana =P

Rod of Ages
Boots (Depends on enemy)
Rylai's
Haunting Guise/Abyssal Scepter/Banshee's Veil

Usually I get just another Banshee's or Abyssal rather than Haunting. I find that at this point of time the spell vamp is pretty useless. Although it did saved me a few times before (throw it on some minions or neutral creeps and save myself from ignite).

Game usually never get pass this point. I do not have a lot of AP but I do have a bit more to overcome the MR increments the minions and champions get throughout the game. I won't be doing enormous damage but I should sustain my damage output to be able to clear minion waves. My shield would also be a bit stronger and able to take nukes from certain champions like Zilean or Teemo's Shroom. I also end up with 3k+ health, so that's pretty tanky for a mage. =]

My Morgana would definitely not be as tanky as yours and won't dish out as much damage as a Morgana with Mejai either. Sorta in the middle, a lot of people I played with (who lost, not because of me) blame it on me with this 'random' build. Sad though but I do have pretty good success with a decent team with this build.

Priamos

05-24-2010

I believe that every Morgana should go RoA first. Even if you go tank after that, it's a shame to waste her awesome AP ratios. Other than that, decent guide. I've tried pure ganking Morganas before that stack lots of AP, and use Lich Bane, but those also fail since you're so incredibly frail, and an ulting Morgana is the first target for an enemy team. RoA is almost a required first item on Summoner's Rift, regardless of the build you pursue after that, since it gives you some needed AP, and moves you out of super-squishy land.

Also Frozen Heart is pretty much required against DPS-oriented teams. The CDR is awesome, as is the armor.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

How did you not mention Frozen Heart in the OP, especially against melee teams? I play a hybrid support/AP build and the best way to do this is through CDR since it allows you to spam shield and snares.

(use Mana/level yellow runes in order to avoid the need for mana items)

Doran's Ring + HP pot (if you take ignite and use it, you're a terror early)
boots 1
Sorc Shoes/Treads if they have 2+ CC
Rod of Ages (should be no later than 25 minutes in a bad game)
Glacial Shroud (combined with blue CD runes, and 9/0/21 masteries you're at the CD cap*)
Decision: Aegis or Frozen Heart based on enemy team comp in a long enough game I may get both
Finish with a Zhonya's for AP and the passive which helps land your full ult in team fights.

Final Items in a loooon game:
Sorc Shoes
RoA
Frozen Heart
Aegis
Zhonya's Ring

*low level Morgana's who don't have enough MP regen from runes or CD from masteries can do this:
Doran's Rign
Boots 1 + Mana Manipulator
Soul Shroud (aura, mana, and CDR)
<skip RoA unless you've got tons of money early>
Glacial Shroud
items based on enemy team