In-game Microphone talk function

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

syn7hetic

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aias View Post
Rather not have to use an external application honestly.
+1 for that i dont know why they would even think of releasing the game without voice chat

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

I would prefer not using external app as well, but I don't know how much traffic this is going to add to the server though. That could be the real problem here.

skittle

09-19-2009

So with all this said, can we get a heads-up if you plan on the implementation?

Driis

09-19-2009

I agree with this it will help pugs(pick up group) with communication since I'm sure a lot of people playing with a group of friends use this device giving them an extra advantage

Achenar

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driis View Post
I agree with this it will help pugs(pick up group) with communication since I'm sure a lot of people playing with a group of friends use this device giving them an extra advantage

This, honestly. At the moment the average arranged team has a huuuuge advantage because they're more likely to be using Vent or TS. In-game voice would narrow the gap between a team of randoms and a pre-arranged team nicely.

Mecklin

09-21-2009

This needs to be implemented imo

Would be a huge improvment on overall gameplay

Spritz

09-21-2009

+1

This really needs to be implemented.

Hmmer94

09-21-2009

I already +1"ed it , but indeed we need to think about how much lag this might add to the servers.

And given this is beta and there are not that many players, but the servers are flawless right now, and we all hope ( i think and trust) i stays that way...

DiZasteR

09-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmer94 View Post
Mumble isnt very popular yet its the best program out there

You must be french am i right ?

For all who are curious, mumble = low resource usage on ur pc, less then Ts
Best audio quality: better then ventrilo and skype combined
0 lag when you talk and 0 delay on comunication

Its a french made free product and you can create servers for free

Give me some feedback on this thread about what u think about it

Enjoy

0 ms delay is practically impossible, because the signals will always need time to go from your pc to the server to the recipients's pcs

Z1TrueWarlord

09-21-2009

+++1 This really is a Must feature on new games. Look at Left 4 Dead for example. The Left 4 dead premise is really simple and is based on multiplayer functionality, just like LoL. In L4D the voice chat arguably makes the game worth playing as otherwise all the intense emotion and drama created by the team work and gameplay are lost on just the individual and cannot be shared with the others.

I'd like to go even further and say that one of the main reasons DOTA was lost overtime to the average gamer was that people who played dota weren't able to share the emotion and thrill / dread created by the excellent gameplay.

I can see the IGN / Game Spot Reviews already docking the game 1-2 points out of 10 for the unpolished interface and lack of in-game voice chat.

Not to mention the gameplay speed is MUCH higher in LoL than DOTA and many of us experienced players barely had anytime at all in DOTA to type.. how can people be expected to type communincations in LoL?

123456 ... 7