In-Queue Reporting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badger France II

08-11-2013

First: Sorry if this thread is in the wrong location, I'm relatively new to the forums and identifying where things like this go can be a bit tricky.

I wanted to make a suggestion to improve the LoL community, namely, the ability to report players mid-queue.

Rationale:
I'll start with a bit of an anecdote. Today, I was queueing up with some friends, a 4-man queue, with one person who I knew and two of his friends. I entered us into queue, and three seconds before champion select started, one of them said "suck my d*** n*****". Needless to say, I jumped out of champion select, apologized to my friend, and explained that I was not interested in 20-60 minutes with a toxic player.

But not all of us get to meet our toxic players in queue. Many of us are only get the first taste of cancerous players in champion select, by which time its probably too late. You're put into a rough situation: 1) Troll pick, and hope for a dodge, 2) Dodge yourself, and suck up the 5 minute dodge timer along with the additional queue length or 3) Suck it up and try not to get frustrated at the type of player who ruins LoL for everyone else, and report them when the game is over.

We (the community) need another solution.

Solution
The solution seems pretty straightforward from an implementation standpoint. Players need an up-front way to manage players who present as toxic before the game even begins, and champion selection is the ONLY window where we can implement this prevention system.

Each player would have two buttons below their name in chat select, a boot and an exclamation, identical to the button when the game is over for reporting another Summoner.

The boot would have no implications far as the tribunal is concerned: if every other summoner who you are not queued with clicks on your boot, you are ejected from champion select and YOU have to deal with the 5-minute queue penalty.

The report icon would function the same as after a match, where summoners can describe specific issues with another players interactions. Options for "Reason for reporting" would include "Refusal to communicate" (for summoners who, say, pick an APC after one has already been selected without saying anything), "Offensive language" for summoners who get into select and immediately start shouting obscenities, "Spam" which seems self explanatory, and other options as the need arises.

(Functionality of the Boot icon would need to be limited in instances of a 4-man queue to avoid abuse, obviously.)

Honestly I'm not expecting TOO much of a response, but a few bumps, some acknowledgement of the idea, or a "This is why it wouldn't work" would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time everyone.

Bolraguard

08-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger France II View Post
First: "This is why it wouldn't work"
Would be great if Riot answered this but since they dont give a **** about their player base...

It wont work simply due to players griefing others. - People think they know what summoner skills ever other champ needs, even if they dont play the champ..

And Queing with 4 friends just to grief others sems very likely to happen. Just a 5 min Ban fest griefing other players.

Badger France II

08-11-2013

"Would be great if Riot answered this but since they dont give a **** about their player base..."

You seem quite frustrated with Riot at the moment... but considering the number of players who post on forums, expecting a Riot reply to EVERY thread seems a little unfair.

"It wont work simply due to players griefing others. - People think they know what summoner skills ever other champ needs, even if they dont play the champ..."

I suppose that's the idea behind having four people elect to boot before it goes through. The odds of having four other summoners, all of whom disagree with what you are doing is at least kind of slim.

"And Queing with 4 friends just to grief others sems very likely to happen. Just a 5 min Ban fest griefing other players."

Obviously the system would need some tweaking to handle 4-player groups (perhaps being removed for the rare 4-1 queue) but it would still be able to cover the majority of matches without alteration, I think.

Joxel

08-12-2013

If in queue reporting were to be added, there should definitely be supplemental queue chat logs, only way it could work but sometimes people just get mad in queue because they don't get their position and having the ability to report someone right there might over flood the system with reports because people want to "revenge" report people when they don't get their position, whereas they might forget about not getting their position when the game is over and would forget to report.