Anyone try AD Cho

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archbob

09-18-2011

I mean he's still tanky with a decent AD build:

Runes= full +M-resist at level 18(+72 at level 18)

For Masteries I use something like 23/7 (+10% crit damage, +3% Crit chance mainly).

Start with Health pendant

Buy:

Boots
Giant belt-->Warmogs armor
Guardian Angel
Upgrade to Beserk's treads
Atmas Impaler
Phantom Dancer
Starks Ferver

Basically what happens is that you get around 1.7-1.8 attack speed with about 50% chance crit(goes to 70% when you starting getting elixirs) with about 217 AD. You still have 4150HP, 210 armor, and 140 magic resist on a DPS tank.

I've done it for a few games now since they took ranked out for the weekend and it seems to work better than when I try to AP tank cho.

lucid flaw

09-18-2011

I've had pretty good success with it. I prioritize E, and build zeal beserker greaves and atma. then i normally try to grab something like wit's end or b veil. try to solo. you are a stupid amount of harass and cs. not the best player admitting but it works more times then not getting to where i am now.

FlamingAbys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2011

I've been wanting to try that for a while now, it seems viable.

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2011

It works okay, but the key is that you have to manage to stay relevant in the laning phase, while still preparing for a build not focused on your ability damage. This tends to degrade his ability to be a powerful solo top, but he still is at least somewhat viable with just one in Q and W while focusing E. The trick is to avoid over-pushing the lane, and conversing your mana.

Hobocop

09-18-2011

The biggest problem with this build it is that you don't have mana or CDR, and so much of Cho's utility is from his spells. He has no real gap closer and without being able to use Rupture all the time, you're asking to get kited despite the extra movement speed.

It works much better in 3s, however. DPS Cho on TT is quite strong.

Saiyushu

09-18-2011

If you're planning on doing DPS cho, I would recommend something more along the lines of:
(boots as necessary)
Bilgewater Cutlass > Gunblade
Wits End (assuming they have some magic dmg)

After that, Rylais or Mallet or other tanky items

Archbob

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
If you're planning on doing DPS cho, I would recommend something more along the lines of:
(boots as necessary)
Bilgewater Cutlass > Gunblade
Wits End (assuming they have some magic dmg)

After that, Rylais or Mallet or other tanky items
The thing is that you still need to be somewhat tanky. It works best I think if your a tany disrupt with good damage and 2 CC's. that way if you focus you, they are screwed, but if they ignore you they are screwed.

I find that with Cho's passive, you usually have the advantage when laning and farming is pretty easy.

BTripp

09-18-2011

I like tanky on hit cho.

Mixing in wits end and malady with the usual tankier items. Does pretty decent damage with maxed vorpal spikes.

For fun of course. I'm too bad a cho to play him to win.