Best duo comp for solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BtrLuckyThanGood

09-18-2011

Decently new to league. I think I'm an decent player already (by no means great) and I have a friend I plan on playing with in solo queue when we are 30.

So I was wonder what the community thinks is the best tandem team to carry games in solo que? Should we play carry/tank combo or perhaps support/carry or jungle/someting? and which champs synergize the best with each other? (ones that are not always banned would be best)

I'm just assuming that we will be doing most of the work and have learned through normal games not to rely on random teammates too much.

Thanks for the input in advance!

Andman001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2011

I've found that having the following strategy works:

One of you plays a jungler, the other plays a solo top champ (preferably a decent carry)

That way your teams jungler can rely on at least on lane being competent.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

UniveRsE CuRsE

09-18-2011

bottom lane support/carry. Caitlyn/Taric is a good one. if one of you guys are a good blitz then play blitz/taric bottom lane . and another one is garen/taric bottom lane, you guys gotta get fed early tho, and have garen snowball with leviathan and sword of the occult, all depends on what you guys are good at tho

Muhamed Zoathi

09-21-2011

Ad carry + ap carry usually works. Brand + Ashe, or Annie + Gangplank

HidingOverHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

i guess my mid ap carry + jungler or mid + support bot doesnt really work as well does it?

Jewitt

09-21-2011

Well the jungler, imo, should know who he's going to be ganking with. So a mid or top lane would be ideal to know the person's play style. Same for bot where the AD and the support need to know how each other interact. Me and a bud duo Support/AD. It's better to have, say, a failed mid (1 fed enemy) than a failed bot (two fed enemies). But if top and mid feed, or if a solo and jungle feeds, there's not much you can do. You essentially have a 3/5 chance :P

Dyllbert

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlitzz View Post
bottom lane support/carry. Caitlyn/Taric is a good one. if one of you guys are a good blitz then play blitz/taric bottom lane . and another one is garen/taric bottom lane, you guys gotta get fed early tho, and have garen snowball with leviathan and sword of the occult, all depends on what you guys are good at tho
Caitlyn/Taric is really good because taric is hard to kill and when you combine that with caitlyns range and the stuns they have between them it makes it easy to pick people off if the over extend, or to gank them.

libowen

09-21-2011

You should do teemo and cass because with teemo's toxic shot you don't even have to aim and hit your q or w you can just keep on spamming e. You both take exhaust ignite hide in the brush and get dat first blood. Also try to get someone to go singed on your team so you guys can have a theme.

I shatterstar I

09-22-2011

Teemo / cass is fun but extremely squishey and can be out harassed if you come against a bad lane.

Support / ad carry is usually a great mix for partners but remember it also depends on what the other 3 you get matched with are good at. Work on several good pairs or one jungler one solo lane too. If you're both going to be in the same lane, one of you needs to either be a support or tank and other a carry. To that point the support/tank should harass enemies while the carry feeds off minions and everytime the enemies overcommit the support/tank char should do his best to feed kills to the carry making sure the carry gets the killshot.

Protip: Supports & tanks should have the lowest minion kills and highest assists in the game. When i play rammus or full tank leona I consider it a bad round if i have more than 3 kills and less than 20 assists. Minion kills get a little skewed though because I like to defend turrets from snowballs lategame

MashiroSunao

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by libowen View Post
You should do teemo and cass because with teemo's toxic shot you don't even have to aim and hit your q or w you can just keep on spamming e. You both take exhaust ignite hide in the brush and get dat first blood. Also try to get someone to go singed on your team so you guys can have a theme.
First blood doesn't make or break the game especially in solo queue... And that lane comp is pretty bad so the enemy can easily come back from that.