Malzahar, Prophet of the Void - Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatFatHead

05-31-2010

I hope this will be a free character tomorrow :3

Synapscape

05-31-2010

I've been saving around 2000RP just for him and his bundle pack... Never been this excited about a champion before.

Darth Solo

05-31-2010

at around 6:00 look at his 4 item what is that?

ImmortalBrownies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

Wow can you say OP First of Call of the Void has to much range and does a lot of DMG in the beginning of the match. Second the move that stuns and does dmg right of the back is ridiculously long, it pretty much obliterates one with full health with stun and nothing to stop it but cleanse if that. OP!! FUN but OP.

Etyn

05-31-2010

o.o

This champion looks great!

Aizon

05-31-2010

How do you get those timers on your abilites?

Halluc1natioN

05-31-2010

Wow, this guy actually has mana instead of insane ninja powers!

Balhaza

05-31-2010

Seriously now, those crying foul and that the new champions are OP ought to do a double take at the playing of those characters. I don't think Malzahar is OP for the simple fact that he is a caster with not a huge range. Phreak seems to be intimately familiar with his range and thus position himself and the spells such as to make optimal use of their timing and effect. Otherwise, his range makes him extremely vulnerable and squishy. That he is also very focused on one enemy at a time doesn't help matters. Note how he almost died to Evelyn in mid? Truth is, most Malzahars will die. He reacted quickly and correctly and got a bit of luck. Also note that in most team battles, Malzahar does not contribute much, but he's really good at picking off the stragglers.

Most of the new champions they have released are fairly balanced and I don't see how Malzahar might be any different. I just wish they will stop pushing out new champions for a moment and go back and revise some of the Original champions like Veigar.

FABIOForever

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Rinoa View Post
Is he supposed to be arab like the Prince of Persia? xD
The main character from the Soul Reaver games.

Urek Mazin0

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarco View Post
Yes, I'm sure he'll be OP.

Like Garen, remember Garen? Man is Garen op. Or Akali, she's considered top tier, right? Kennen is also so OP! At least that's what everybody kept saying when they were released!

Everytime a new champ is released, people that have never played with or against it complain about OP, OP, OP. Shut the hell up already, it's never true. I barely see Garen anymore, much less Kennen. Akali is good at what she does, but no one would call her OP.

Consider this: a squishy mage with no innate escape mechanism, an ult that stuns you along with your target, and it seems he's got some mana issues as well. Malzahar is in no way OP by the looks of it.

It's funny people think Malzahar, Akali, Garen and Kennen are OMG OP and they will get nerf next patch after release, when Jax has been a very well known OP character for a long time now and he still hasn't got the nerfbat.
I do see a lot of garens now a days, however kennens are lacking, i think its because of his insane 6300 price, or else i would buy him xD