Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

played dominion yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrokDoom

09-20-2011

Quote:
dizzydee:
You sound like a d.ouche and you're expecting way too much for what you're contributing. You pay money to buy clothes for your champs, not to play the game, so shut the hell up.They will release stuff when it's ready, not when you demand it.

I've bought 1 skin and champ bundle, several champs so far, and regularly buy IP boosts lately since I've been trying to expand my personal champ selection and mastery (part of that includes Runes sooo many Runes). I pay in order to play better for my team and myself. I work in Customer Service and Technical Support. I'm a Supervisor in my work. From one professional to another I'm trying to give them some serious constructive criticism to make Riot a better group.

They shouldn't have told people things like "Soon" or made a promise to one person via email. They should've said "Sometime in Fall" if they were shooting for Summer or even "Sometime this year" or hell I'd be happier with "Before the end of 2012". If (a) serious issue(s) slowing development arises you are honest with the customer instead of stringing us along with extended periods of post production polishing. This is an ongoing problem of Riot dev. as well as many other Game companies, they love to announce things really early and tell us what is coming down the pipe, to share the excitement, and build launch steam, but they make the mistake of either hinting at when it will be available too specifically too far in advance or they do not stick to a strict enough schedule or they run into the unexpected. I don't blame them for either I do the same things all the time. What they need to do though is plan for that and be aware of it, because it lowers our opinion of them as developers..We'd all rather hear It'll be out Later and then get surprised by it being out Sooner than the other way around. That's something Super Simple that Riot has control over, and it makes a big difference in customer satisfaction.

It's fairly common knowledge in production that whatever you want to do will take longer than expected, it's not common knowledge to the consumer. Riot made a serious mistake in their positioning and it has myself and a few other people upset because we believed the expectation that was set. I'm hoping that by stating the issue clearly for them they can understand what happened and avoid it or handle it better. Forever.

jimcobjohn

09-21-2011

Lay off. I played it this morning, it's not a hoax. I am just guessing that because so many people are logging in to see if they can play, there are a lot more peak hours, so there is less Dominion. It will come in due time.

IrokDoom

09-24-2011

so i had the day off of work thurs got something like 8 matches in dominion. had a blast, it's super fast paced intense stuff. i love it. we had a weird meta that started and hopefully never catches on though, two players of one team got the item with the capture speed bonus, then started going around the map in a circle capturing any point that was unattended. the other team responded by chasing after and trying to recapture, but the cap speed bonus made that difficult. if you sped it up to double speed it would've looked like charlie chaplin was playing LoL