played dominion yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gryffyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGod22 View Post
Just got out of a Dominion game....not what i expected to say the least, but thats thanks to my nabish team who had no idea what to do.


/troll mode off
Someone be trollin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wasini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

09-19-2011

What soon means?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robotick

Senior Member

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasini View Post
What soon means?
For Riot, it mean any period of time from the start of the universe to it's end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guardian86

Junior Member

09-19-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrokDoom *******http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif********
yeah they also said dominion would be coming out with the Riven patch, and in August. i don't think the Beta tests will be monday or tuesday, i think the beta testing is going to start next patch if at all. Riot is just stalling.

Except they didn't say either of those things.
they didn't ever say Riven patch was the release but i do remember on one of the announcements it said to EXPECT dominion late August early September right after Season 1 ended and soon after PAX.... however making a completely new game mode is almost the same as making a whole new game entirely so please keep your pants on and your middle fingers in check, patience is a virtue and sadly most of you people lack it on a grand scale. Get over it and get on with your lives. Dominion will be here at one point or another and your job is to enjoy it when its gets here and not a moment sooner!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jokull

Senior Member

09-19-2011

they never announced a specific release date, they only ever said they hoped to have it out a while back, theyve run into a bunch of stuff since then and will get it out when its ready for the massive playerbase to all be on it at once


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hotshot44

Junior Member

09-19-2011

I think this bunch of stuff was new skins and champs, a fail on the elo reset because its their first reset is understandable but giving false hope is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nokturnalex

Senior Member

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebeans View Post
I've really lost any faith I had in Riot. I honestly thought they were a company that appreciated the people that made them successful and didn't leave them in the dark. If anyone deserves to know whats going on, it's essentially the payer customers akin to stock holders wanting to know what's going on with a company they are invested in.

I don't know, I guess Riot didn't lie about Dominion but they certainly led people on a deceitful fashion without any explanations and they know it.

So yeah, great job Riot!
Remember Magma Chamber?

Remember Spectator Mode?

What's so sad about all these "New Additions" that have yet to see the light of day, is they teased us with showing them to us, but then failing to deliver.

It's like how pissed off the Diablo 3 community would get if they said Diablo 3 won't be out till 2015 after showing them beta footage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodGod22

Senior Member

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iitachi View Post
why are you lying to all these people you ain't got no pancake mix!
The lie itself is the pancake you fool....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrokDoom

Senior Member

09-19-2011

"And so, in preparation for the launch of the new game mode, we are planning to enter a limited beta test period for League of Legends: Dominion. During this time, Dominion will be available for play by all summoners only during limited testing windows at off-peak hours. We will keep you informed of these testing sessions as they occur, and our goal is to increase the availability of Dominion leading up to its full launch"

the least they could do is tell us how they plan to keep us informed of these testing sessions. is it going to be a weekly posting of times they will be testing? if so how reliable will that be? (probably not very)

there was an email posted in one of the forums sent from Riot to a customer who inquired about the release time. the Riot Employee explicitly stated it would be ready for the Riven patch. What stuff have they run into since the announcement? partying at trade shows and getting hangovers? grow the hell up. i'm pretty sure the ENTIRE community would be more happy with the new game mode being released than Riven, yet ANOTHER character on a roster that's already impressive enough (have we surpassed the marvel vs... games yet?). i'm a fan of the game but i'm tired of the meta games in TT and SR I want something actually different not just a different champ to play.

I'm a paying customer to Riot I buy champs I've played and like and use IP boosts to help farm enough IP to build rune pages quickly for those champs.

It makes me sad that Riot doesn't realize the reason they have to keep adjusting the balance of characters is because they keep introducing new ones. now there's a new play style they are going to introduce and what do they do? throw a new character in just before potentially rife with a whole new batch of glitches and issues with every other character out there, when some of the old ones still aren't even completely fixed.

we better get email from riot telling us when the beta is available or be able to sign up for an alert.

the reason i suggested high ELO players be rewarded is because their feedback should be of quality. it's not just people who have no lives that are high ELO someone can be a good player and just sign in for their First Win of The Day every other day and be fine. I'm sure Riot is testing during off peak hours specifically to weed out casual players that won't give much usefull feedback, if any. whereas a seasoned player who knows the game well can comment on things others might not realise. like the impact in game that minions make (or the return of promote SS and its effect on game for instance) or how effective the new sight items are. instead of useless feedback like,"r8pt faces and killed fools had fun thanks herp derp"

TL: DR

Riot Employees: work on priorities and making consistent, straightforward positioning statements when speaking with customers and be DAAAYYYYYUUMM careful what you say to customers.

Anyone content with Riot's BS answers: go ask Mall Santa for World Peace and be happy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dizzydee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

09-20-2011

You sound like a d.ouche and you're expecting way too much for what you're contributing. You pay money to buy clothes for your champs, not to play the game, so shut the hell up.They will release stuff when it's ready, not when you demand it.