played dominion yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrokDoom

09-18-2011

So, Riot says they're Beta Testing for Dominion during "off-peak" hours.. so has anyone played it yet? I have a feeling this is a little misdirection. They've said it's limited availability and not during peak hours, translation: We're not really Beta testing, but making you think we are, just not when you're playing.

Why I think/feel this way: It's a great way to get all of the hounds off their back without necessarily having to do something. This way if anyone says "why haven't i been able to try the beta" they can just retort with "you weren't on during the right time." i swear i've heard this line or something similar.

I'm concerned that this is a lie or misdirection because they haven't included any information for how we'll know if dominion is available. no "check for dominion on your game mode selection screen" no "you will be informed upon signing in that the Beta is on". I smell shenanigans.

why not do a limited beta signup or reward those with platinum level ELO or something? this seems very strange.

so prove me wrong have you played the Dominion Beta NOT at PAX?

Stalker VPSI

Recruiter

09-18-2011

The beta tests will come Monday or Tuesday... that's why they said "Dominion beta will start SOON" (TM)

IrokDoom

09-18-2011

yeah they also said dominion would be coming out with the Riven patch, and in August. i don't think the Beta tests will be monday or tuesday, i think the beta testing is going to start next patch if at all. Riot is just stalling.

Caryatid

09-18-2011

Don't count your chickens. Or hold your breath. Or pee into the wind. Or eat yellow snow.

Dr Nevermind

09-18-2011

Its not out yet they said they'd announce the time its playable.

And allowing only high elo players in is just stupid, rewarding the people who have no life.

Vote Third Party

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
Don't count your chickens. Or hold your breath. Or pee into the wind. Or eat yellow snow.
Hit and miss.

Artemis Black

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrokDoom View Post
yeah they also said dominion would be coming out with the Riven patch, and in August. i don't think the Beta tests will be monday or tuesday, i think the beta testing is going to start next patch if at all. Riot is just stalling.
Except they didn't say either of those things.

Ryu Mikami

09-18-2011

They said they would test it off-peak. Since that announcement its been a weekend, which is busier than normal for gaming. You really expect it to be released in a live beta then?

DKRises

09-18-2011

I played it, its amazing... it was 2am - 8am... wait... nvm that was my dream...

Acebeans

09-18-2011

I've really lost any faith I had in Riot. I honestly thought they were a company that appreciated the people that made them successful and didn't leave them in the dark. If anyone deserves to know whats going on, it's essentially the payer customers akin to stock holders wanting to know what's going on with a company they are invested in.

I don't know, I guess Riot didn't lie about Dominion but they certainly led people on a deceitful fashion without any explanations and they know it.

So yeah, great job Riot!