[Guide] Rammus-The Rolley Polley Ball of Awesome.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shirokuma

The Council

10-12-2009

My personal favorite build for Rammus is Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads, Warmogs, Aegis, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Heart, and Guardian Angel. If someone on your team has a Soul Shroud, it's pretty much game over.

minnichief

10-20-2009

So, I've been playing as Rammus these past few nights following this guide for the most part, and I have to say, I think Rammus is my favorite char now. I love the tanking aspect for the team fights, and the dmg reflection is straight pro. Game I just got out of, I was behind the whole time on xp/gold/kills. At the end, I still didnt have many kills, but I could tank their whole team, and my team did the killing.

Also, I had a gank that made my rofl last night, where i just ghosted/powerball'd around a lil piece of land behind a fiddlesticks, and killed him before he knew what happened.

tl;dr : <3 Rammus now thanks to this guide

Krald

10-20-2009

Edit: Updated the item build with alternate choices depending on team, removed warmog/atmas suggestion, and added aegis of the legion.

Devastation

10-21-2009

Awesome guide

Tried out Rammus for the first time and got 6+ kills and lots of asissts

Malleus Deum

11-13-2009

i liked this build i tend to go taunt and support tank rammus though. i get taunt defense curl first max them then go other places. also with items i get Guardian Angel, Ninja Tabi, Aegis of the Legion, Atma's Impaler, Sunfire Cape and finnaly which is kinda a shock i get Madred's Bloodrazor or Banshee's Veil/Warmog's Armor. i get maybe 10 kills a round but i get tons and tons of assists and am usually run from.

McComb

11-14-2009

Anyone tried an ap rammus?
It pretty rox.
I made this build order :
-boots tabi
-philosopher
-rylai
-rod of age
-and was going to warmog but finished the game.
Rylai crystal give lot of hp ap and tremor will aoe slow =).
+400 damage powerball = great initiating.
Turrets nerfed = one shot demolish with tremor.
Never oom (at least less that armor build).
Skill build was power ball defenseive curl maxing out with 1 spent on taunt.
Damage provided by + ap is far superior to damage provided by your passive through armor.
everyone goes for armor rammus because of his passive but most of +armor items are kinda lame and armor itself are lame because it is a logarithmis curve I guess so stacking more will give you few % reduction that is completely neglectable with his W.
Also no +armor + ap item, few +armor + mana item.
the only high tier item that boos hp and armor is sunfire cap wich recipe is over costly due to his lame passive that is totally overtaken by regen.
Also ap build is overrewarding in this game so go go ap build.

For tank build I go warmog then +armor.Having lot of armor won't help if you have few hp also armor only help against physical and you will be nuked hard, while hp help tanking better guess why cho gath is one of the best tank.

Since rammus is kinda the worst tank (low hp and too focused on armor) I'd better go for ap build wich still offer you huge tanking potential because rylai and rod of age give you much hp combined with defensive curl you'll be a great tank.

OctopusDropkick

11-14-2009

I've been playing Rammus with rank 1 Powerball, Rank 1 Curl, then trying to max out Taunt as fast as possible. Once that's done I begin to improve Powerball or Curl in order of useful utility, usually it's Curl. Powerball receives a lot of it's useful utility in the movement speed at Rank 1, as well as the greatest bulk of it's damage and the greatest bulk of the AOE slow.

Item wise I follow up as;

Regrowth Pen
[Philosopher Stone]
[Heart of Gold]
[Heart of Gold]

All of the above is useful and will grant you a nice and steady supply of gold as you progress through the game regardless of your situation (insurance), allowing you to sell them later on for bigger ticket items.

[Mercury Treads]

40% CC reduction in a game determined by CC reduction is a must have. It also grants you Magic Resist, something you need as a tank but you'll find awkward trying to stack up given your tendency toward armor. You'll also acquire your shoes a little later than everyone, but that isn't much of an issue given your Powerball ability. It allows you to navigate the map very quickly even without shoes.

[Sunfire Cape]

Boosts HP, Boosts Armor, gives you a steady supply of AOE damage. Very useful.

[Sell Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Golds to replace with Warden's Mail and Chalice of Harmony ]

There you go, you've got your health regen and mana regen covered, you've also got a huge supply of armor and now a respectable (over 100) amount of static magic resist.

Further items from this point are up to the situation really. Guardian Angels, Sunfire Capes, Thornmail, etc.

OctopusDropkick

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickenjal View Post
everyone goes for armor rammus because of his passive but most of +armor items are kinda lame and armor itself are lame because it is a logarithmis curve I guess so stacking more will give you few % reduction that is completely neglectable with his W.
Armor stacking is linear, it is not a curve. Every point of armor grants you an extra 1% of total HP. So having 100 armor grants you basically 200% HP. Having 200 armor grants you 300% HP.

McComb

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post
Armor stacking is linear, it is not a curve. Every point of armor grants you an extra 1% of total HP. So having 100 armor grants you basically 200% HP. Having 200 armor grants you 300% HP.
You clearly don't know what armor is.
Armor give physical damage reduction and is not linear or else 100 armor = 100% damage reduction..
The curve is logaryhthimic so that you'll never reach 100% damage reduction no matter how many armor you stacked.
Also your calculation is wrong.So even in your wrongness your wrong.
Beside it would be totally imba 100 armor = +200% HP lol.

Serois

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickenjal View Post
You clearly don't know what armor is.
Armor give physical damage reduction and is not linear or else 100 armor = 100% damage reduction..
Also your calculation is wrong.So even in your wrongness your wrong.
No, he is right. Also, if 100 armor = 100% damage reduction then it would = infinite hp in terms of only physical dmg.