Alistar- good way to win ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

is playing alistar as an AD tanky champion (reeps build) a good way to win ranked games? thanks guys.

AngryNarwhal

09-18-2011

No. Even if he doesn't get banned, he's infinitely better as AP.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

i disagree........

SinDur

09-19-2011

Support Alistar is better than AD Alistar. His ult's damage boost is only useful when tower-diving, and with the recent nerf to the damage reduction it's not a great idea to even do that til late game lately.

Your job as Alistar is not to attack people, it's to control them. His CC's have AP ratio's attached to them, not AD. Plus his heal scales with AP as well. His heal makes him very difficult to kill and sustains his lane partner as well as keeping people alive longer in team fights. I wouldn't go near AD Alistar for ranked personally.

XTreeX

09-19-2011

oh i see thanks
reep plays ad alistar and i think hes gotten along fine

SinDur

09-19-2011

I'm not sure who Reep is but I promise you he has likely worked his arse off to find all the in's and out's of playing Alistar AD. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't try it or want to have one on my team.

Ninja Le

09-19-2011

i play him support with and also i pick up yommu's and shirelias for the speed boosts. and randuins synergizes well with em, i've won like most my games with alistar.