Minions and Towers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camelonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

Is there a talent or a way you can get your towers and minions to attack other heroes when they are beating on you? For some reason, whenever I am being attacked the towers and minions never attack them, they just keep going for the minions. Whenever I attack them though, the tower and the minions immediately change their focus to attack me and I get pwned. What gives?

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

You need to walk behind the minions or walk into the bush.

Walking behind your minions makes the enemy minions change target the incoming minions and going into bushes makes the enemy minions drop you as a target and keep walking by.

You might want to watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

05-31-2010

If a champ (we'll use Akali) is attacked by another champion (We'll use Warwick) in range of Akali's tower or minions they give off what the devs call a "cry for help" and the minions and towers will attack Warwick.

Some people are very good at avoiding these ranges, and there are a few moves that when used after attacking, make them less likely to be hit, such as flash or a stealth.

Camelonian

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
If a champ (we'll use Akali) is attacked by another champion (We'll use Warwick) in range of Akali's tower or minions they give off what the devs call a "cry for help" and the minions and towers will attack Warwick.

Some people are very good at avoiding these ranges, and there are a few moves that when used after attacking, make them less likely to be hit, such as flash or a stealth.
See that's how I thought it was supposed to work. The problem is if I fight a melee specific character that doesn't have any disappearing acts the minions and the tower seem to just ignore them while he smacks me around, is there an issue with the "cry for help" system to where it doesn't always register?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

05-31-2010

I've not seen any bug reports on it.

Is there just one enemy?
Is it a certain enemy?
Do you have fraps, livestream or xfire, where you can show video of this happening?

Camelonian

05-31-2010

Sure thing, i'll try to get a fraps of it. For example, I was fighting Amumu and Tryndamere(sp?), and we were both surrounded by minions and my tower. Trynd walks up (without endless rage) and starts smacking me while Amumu snares me, meanwhile, the tower is sitting there targeting the minions and the minions that are around us are still fighting their minions and not changing focus to Trynd.

Thanks again for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

05-31-2010

If you get solid video of it, put it in bug reports. They might be able to say whats happening.

ThatAblaze

05-31-2010

If there is more then one enemy attacking you under a tower then the tower will switch targets back and forth. The tower will focus on the character that hit you most recently, not the character who is the most threat to you at that moment.

Amunu does invisible AOE damage that attracts tower agro well. He also easily gets large amounts of armor and health so he might not be hurt much by a few tower shots.

My suggestion: Don't think of your tower as impenetrable fortresses that keep you safe from attack. Think of your tower as a heavy hitting, but stupid and predictable addition to your hero team. If there are three of them and one of you underneath a tower think of that as a 2 vs 3 fight (read: BE CAREFUL). Also keep level in mind. I think of towers as ~level 14 characters.

At level 1 tower diving is nearly impossible. At level 6 it starts to become a danger. By level 18 the tower will often make practically no difference in a teamfight.

Helfeather

Recruiter

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelonian View Post
Sure thing, i'll try to get a fraps of it. For example, I was fighting Amumu and Tryndamere(sp?), and we were both surrounded by minions and my tower. Trynd walks up (without endless rage) and starts smacking me while Amumu snares me, meanwhile, the tower is sitting there targeting the minions and the minions that are around us are still fighting their minions and not changing focus to Trynd.

Thanks again for your input, it is greatly appreciated.
I have never heard of this happening unless you have retreated PAST your tower and Amumu + Tryn are no longer within range of the tower's attacks. So far, the towers have been prioritizing correctly in all of my games.

You should definitely record this happening, because it's a very big bug if the towers are not prioritizing correctly.

Craixis

05-31-2010

Abilities do not cause minions to attack you...
Normal (auto) attacks, do...
Turrets take a bit of time to charge up, so they target the person hitting you (they target any enemy champ that's beating on you, ability or otherwise), but if the target moves away from the turret, it changes targets (making it seem like they don't target champions, when they do)