Jax with or without Frozen Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a cloth

05-31-2010

Is it worth it? I believe so, mostly because a hero that dishes out as much dps as Jax needs a way to effectively deal it. Frozen Mallet helps this happen.

PhoenixBomb

05-31-2010

It's debatable. When Jax originally got his rework, it was definitely NOT worth it because you could get comparable HP through just damage items. Now, he's lost a bit of that luster, so extra health items can help.

Now if you're asking whether its worth it because of the slow, I would answer that it's entirely up to your lizard management skills. Frozen Mallet is a LOT to pay for if all you're worried about is keeping your opponent in range.

Either way, if you do get it, be sure that your next item is an Atmas.

yummyramen

05-31-2010

^ Agreed, as Jax you should be capable of running lizard fairly early. Personally I feel that exhaust is a more than enough disable to keep someone in the fight long enough for you to dish out some fairly harsh damage mid-late game. There are a few more items that Jax benefits better from late game rather than the meh dmg/slow/high HP boost. Yom's and Cleaver seems to work best for me.

Also depends if you have a capable tank or CC'er, if not you might need the Mallet but I find that once I get it people just magically stop rolling alone

a cloth

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
It's debatable. When Jax originally got his rework, it was definitely NOT worth it because you could get comparable HP through just damage items. Now, he's lost a bit of that luster, so extra health items can help.

Now if you're asking whether its worth it because of the slow, I would answer that it's entirely up to your lizard management skills. Frozen Mallet is a LOT to pay for if all you're worried about is keeping your opponent in range.

Either way, if you do get it, be sure that your next item is an Atmas.
im fairly new, is the lizard buff basically the same as a frozen mallet?

Lunar Edge

05-31-2010

Yes, in terms of the slow. Lizard gives a damage over time similar to poison, but the damage is negligent if the opponent has a lot of regen. I mainly get it for the slow.

Frozen mallet gives damage, health, and a slow. If I recall correctly, Frozen Mallet and Atma's Impaler puts him over 3k health and 300+ damage at lvl 18. For Jax, it's the survivability king of items. Just get used to people calling you "Hax" or OP.

If i remember correctly, there is more slow on frozen mallet, but they both have enough to just annihilate your target.

It's really up to you. I prefer survivability over constantly having to go get lizard or the buff wearing off in the middle of a team battle. Self-sufficient, if you know what I mean.

a cloth

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Edge View Post
Yes, in terms of the slow. Lizard gives a damage over time similar to poison, but the damage is negligent if the opponent has a lot of regen. I mainly get it for the slow.

Frozen mallet gives damage, health, and a slow. If I recall correctly, Frozen Mallet and Atma's Impaler puts him over 3k health and 300+ damage at lvl 18. For Jax, it's the survivability king of items. Just get used to people calling you "Hax" or OP.

If i remember correctly, there is more slow on frozen mallet, but they both have enough to just annihilate your target.

It's really up to you. I prefer survivability over constantly having to go get lizard or the buff wearing off in the middle of a team battle. Self-sufficient, if you know what I mean.
im thinking of just starting to use exhuast

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by a cloth View Post
im thinking of just starting to use exhuast
Cleanse is needed on Jax as CC>Jax. And exhaust is nice but, people shouldn't be able to run away from you to begin with.

DMG1

05-31-2010

Exhaust on Jax is nice. Not because of the slow, but because of the Blind. Melee already fears pressing their luck against his dodge, now take away their damage output for a few seconds (while also slowing them) and they have a LOT to fear from you. Any right click champion is not gonna love going against Jax with Exhaust. If they want to get a SotD, Exhaust heartily laughs at their attempts to bypass your dodge.

Cleanse/Exhaust or Exhaust/Rally is what I would usually run on Jax. I have tried Flash but not had as much success with it as other spells.

UnstoppableTank

12-28-2012

i tried, and it works great if you build an Atma's Impaler for crits, and gunblade for another slow, they can't get away! And Guinsoo's Rageblade for dmg and fast attack speed.