Cursor skill shots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingNugg

09-18-2009

Akin to Karthus' Lay Waste, why not have skill shots fire towards cursor position?

Advantage is faster and easier skill shots. What do you guys reckon?

ERazER

09-18-2009

There should be an option to set any skill to be cast as you wish.
On mouse click/on keyboard hotkey
Casts at the targeted point/cast at max range, if target point is out of range

Zeyk

09-18-2009

Lay Waste isn't cursor-free because it's a pseudo-skillshot, it's because he has to spam it so much. I think the cursor makes almost everything easier to aim.

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2009

I hate the cursor shot on Karthus. Skillshots work fine as is, don't change them.

An option though, I am not against.

Balls In Your Mouth

09-18-2009

Quote:
easier skill shots
Then it wouldn't be a skill shot.

/thread

DeathByPockets

09-18-2009

In Nugg's defense (because somebody has to), I think he meant to say simpler skill shots. It would mean mid-fight you can just hit the key, reducing the two-tap activation to a one-tap activation. It's not a bad idea.
Maybe have an option to toggle this on and off for skillshots in general.
I'd also like to see a double-tap system implemented for buffs, where rather than clicking on yourself to buff/heal yourself, if you press the hotkey twice, it automatically works on you. This would be particularly good for Kayle's revamped ulti, for example (even though I'm of the opinion that it needs to be changed, it makes a good example)

JayceJa

09-18-2009

the way lay waste works though, its much more easy to accidentally use it, which if used on a much less spam-able move, such as bandage toss or dark binding, would cause much more raging than accidentally wasting a skill with less than a second cooldown, so on this argument, the only skillshot i would really want it on is corkis ultimate

the 2 click mode also means you can see the range of the skill as your casting it, which is a definite bonus to the 2 click system