Comprehensive Jungle Guide: Heroes,Paths, Runes, and Jungling Basics.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doo0ooooooom

09-18-2011

as someone who mains jungle maokai, both maokai links make me want to claw my eyes out. lol... especially the stonewall one, didn't he make a better jungle mao video than that at some point? i think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ffTmY5jYk ... but there's no sound anymore so i guess you can't use it.

I hope people won't take these videos as gospel for the best ways to jungle certain chars, because there's lots of improvements to be made.

Zerid

09-18-2011

hey doooooooomm,

I also enjoy jungling with maok, but curious why you dont prefer taking blue first? I grab a cloth armor and health pots instead of either ap/mana items. I understand the cycle, but I have never had a problem clearing blue to the golems in one trip using cloth and pots.

Also I do not believe people will take them as the end all be all. I have just pulled from good sources being solomid, lol champ directory, and stonewall. Not the end all be all but a good starting point for learning to jungle a new champ or start to jungle for the first time.

doo0ooooooom

09-18-2011

Taking blue is just slower than other routes, it's a waste of gold as you have to buy 5 hp pots, also everyone expects it so you get counterjungled there.

I just made a maokai jungle guide (haven't published it yet, probably will later today or tomorrow after i review it a bit.. it still has some typo's punctuation errors as you can see...), i put it up here if anyone wants to read in more depth:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=6644

edit: the guide is now published.

Zerid

09-18-2011

Much appreciated will read and let you know what I think.

Zerid

09-19-2011

Doooom,

Think the guide is great from one maok to the other. Like the initial item build, excited to try the jungling part. Didn't realize how beneficial the ap runes were, it also free's up a lot being able to take a dorans ring to start.

Best Yasuo Here

02-25-2013

Why is Rengar not included in this list? He is quite possibly one of the best-fit champs for jungling!

Kavrae

02-25-2013

Because this is a necro thread with the last post being 09-19-2011. If you notice, almost everything is outdated.